Chapter 67

Word count: 2,524
-

Bella
"Good morning baby." Rio pecked my forehead and wrapped his arm around me.

I smiled and snuggled in his chest, "Morning."

"How'd you sleep?" I felt him looking down at me. I looked up at him which I regret. He stared directly down in my eyes. I nodded and gave him a small smile, "Good." I mumbled.

Shouldn't have made eye contact with him. That was a personal built in weapon he had, or skill. He could stare into someone's eyes and read them like an open book. Sense when they're lying, sense something's bothering them, intimidate a person with just his eyes.

"No nightmare?"

I shook my head in response and laid back on his chest. He didn't reply. We sat there in silence for a while.

"You don't have to lie to me you know?" He spoke, I felt the vibration from his voice.

"I'm not I-" He slipped his arm from under me and stood up. His jaw clenched. He didn't say anything and started walking away from the bed to the direction of the bathroom.

"Rio-" I called out but he slammed the bathroom door.

I gulped as I pinched the skin on my bare thigh tightly. I was lying and it hurt me to see him hurt over it. He knew I was, I know he can tell when someones lying easily. I just didn't want him to worry about me.

I heard the shower running. I stood up, my feet touching the slippery floor due to my socks. I couldn't ever sleep without socks. I walked to Emma's room, she was awake playing with her dolls. She looked over at me and her eyes lit up and she smiled widely. I could tell she had just woken up. "Mommy!" She ran over to me.

She was always excited to see us every time as if she didn't see us for days. It warmed my heart every time. "Morning baby." I leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

"Play dolls with me?" She asked.

"Later baby, you hungry?" She nodded in response. I woke up extra hungry today.

"Okay come on." I said and headed back to my room to slip on some sweats because it was a little chilly. Rio came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist as we walked in.

"Morning daddy." Emma said as she removed the hair from her face. She walked over to our bed and struggled to get on top. She plopped on top and let out a breath.

"Morning monkey." He smiled down at her.

He grabbed a pair of boxers and waked in the closet.

I'll order food. I don't feel like cooking and from the looks of it, Rio is leaving so it's not like he'll cook instead. "Mommy can we get food now?"

I nodded, "Yeah baby I have to order it."

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and scrolled in the contact list looking for our favorite nearest breakfast store.

"Good morning, this is Levy's Diner, how may we help you?" A voice spoke after my phone call was picked up.

"Hi, can I get a grilled cheese and breakfast platter with home fries, bacon and sausage and eggs?" I asked.

"Sure thing, what would you like on the eggs and potatoes?" She asked.

"Just salt and pepper on the potatoes and pepper on the eggs." I answered.

"Okay, is that all? Would you like anything to drink?" Rio came out of the closet dressed in blue jeans, white air force ones and a white hoodie. Damn he's so fine. If Emma wasn't awake i'd jump on him like a kangaroo.