Chapter 68

Word count: 3,154
-

Rio
This morning was not a good one. Isabella woke up crying about a dream she had. She told me it wasn't a nightmare. She talked about how they were alive and how glad she was to see them, how much she missed them. She threw up again. I was worried about her. I had a feeling she was too stressed which is why she has been throwing up so much. She sleeps way more often. Always complains about headaches. I think it was her anxiety just messing with her. She told me she gets those symptoms a lot and it was nothing to worry about to try and convince me to not take her to the hospital.

I didn't know shit about anxiety and so I googled the symptoms and she was right. But I still wanted a doctor's opinion. My mom had anxiety and I know that it comes with panic attacks but I didn't know it makes you feel shitty symptoms like the ones Isabella is experiencing.

I held her hand as we walked down the hall of the clinic to the waiting room. She stood by the front desk and filled out the paperwork they handed to her on a clipboard.

We headed to the last row of the chairs in the back where only a woman and a man who looked about my age sat. Isabella sat all the way on the other side of them. I sat next to her and pulled my phone out and dialed Eddie.

"Hello?" He spoke.

"Eddie there's a trade I was supposed to do. I couldn't do it, i'm at the hospital with Isabella." I said lowly looking around to make sure no one was listening.

"I'll handle it. Is Isabella alright?" I looked over at her and she just tapped her foot impatiently.

I stood up and walked over by the vending machine just a little bit away from the seats, "She's been sick lately. Throwing up a lot, other than that she's fine."

"I'm gonna be a uncle."

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up. I think it's her anxiety. Handle the thing and tell Cesar to find someone to replace Nasir and Vincent."

"Replace? Oh my god what happened now?" He said annoyedly.

"Well apparently, Nasir decided he wanted to fucking date Mackenzie." I replied. I couldn't tell him over the phone about Nasir but I didn't want to mention anything over the phone about Vincent.

"What?" He said in disbelief, "He's bold."

I nodded in agreement, "The only reason he didn't get his ass beat is because is because of Kenz."

"And V?" He asked.

I remained silent. I looked over at Isabella she was moving nonstop. Her nerves were crazy today, "I gotta go. Tell Emma we love her."

"K, be safe." He said not asking any further questions. I'm sure he got the gist.

"You too." I hung up the phone.

I walked back over to Isabella and took my spot back next to her. "Babe relax." I told her.

"I told you I didn't want to come." She replied grumpily.

"Baby, you're sick." I replied.

She didn't reply and kept shaking her leg. She was really antsy. I reached over and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her small frame on my lap, her legs in between mines. She relaxed into me and let out a sigh. "What's wrong?" I kissed her temple.

She shook her head, "I don't know." She mumbled and bit her lip.

"After we come from this appointment, we can get food and go home and i'll baby you like always." I said annoyedly but playfully. I loved this woman so much, I could never get annoyed when she needed and wanted my attention, my love, my touch. I loved how attached she was to me as I to her. I grabbed her chin and turned her towards me. I pecked her lips softly and she smiled. She snaked her arms around my neck and rested her head in the crook of my neck.