Chapter 78

Age reminder: in the early chapters rio was 29, Isabella was 20, and Emma was 2. Emma turned 3 a little later after they met and then a year and a half passed so now Rio is 30, Isabella is 22 and Emma is 4.

Word count: 3,907
-

Rio
The music filled my ears as I entered the small bar. I walked over to the bar counter and took a seat next to him. "Can I get a scotch for my friend here," I asked the bartender and he nodded and grabbed the scotch and poured him a drink.

I turned and looked at him, a smile spreading across my face, "Good to see you agent Pierce." He was the agent investigating the cabin fire. The bartender sat down a glass of bourbon. I picked it up and drank down the liquid.

His eyes, maybe I was reaching but they resembled each other. "You feeling okay Pierce? Why so quiet?"

"What are you doing here?" He finally spoke.

I chuckled, "It's a bar. What I can't drink?"

He remained silent, "It must be sad constantly trying to find shit on me and failing every time." I chuckled and signaled the bartender for another drink.

"Don't worry. That won't be an issue, i'm sure I can find witnesses. Hell there might even be a camera there you don't know about," He said.

I smirked and raised my eyebrow before taking a sip of the drink, "Yeah? How's that working out for you?" I chuckled.

He didn't reply, "Do you have any kids, Pierce?" I asked.

"You're not threatening the law, are you?" He eyed me.

I held my hands up in defense, "I'm just curious, I can't ask my friend a question?" I smirked into my drink as I gulped the rest if it down. I really was curious.

"We are not friends. We never have been and we never will be so cut the bullshit. You know i'm onto you and you know I will find something. I also know you definitely are related to the case i'm on." He glared at me.

I nodded, "Mmh."

I pulled my phone out after getting a text. It was a text from Easton.

Easton: It's done.

I smirked and put my phone back in my pocket. Pierce's phone rang. He answered it and I watched him as he listened to the person on the other end.

His eyes widened as he stood up. He put his phone back in his pocket and glared at me, "What's wrong?" I chuckled. "Problems at work" I teased. He probably got word that the remains from the crime scene were gone. Not a coincidence that he gets shocking news right after I receive a text from Easton.

He shook his head and made his way out of the bar. I chuckled and stood up, making my way out.

-

I opened the door to the safe house and was greeted my Nathan and Omar, "We're ready whenever you are," Nathan spoke.

"Hey Rio." Omar grabbed the remote to the tv.

"Hey guys." I spoke back, "Everyone's here right? I know Easton isn't. He's handling that thing." He's getting rid of the remains.

They nodded, "Yeah we're all ready. Omar
bought a van yesterday, we could just all go in there if you'd like." Nathan said.

"Yeah that's fine with me. Tell them to get their asses down here," I said.

Omar went upstairs and shortly came down with Eddie and Diego, "Let's do this. When I was trying to get answers out of Noah he told me Holden didn't have men because his dad took them away. So this shouldn't be hard, he's one man but just in case there are a few we'll be prepared," I spoke and everyone nodded.