Chapter 71

This chapter switches between Rio's point of view and third pov a lot.

Word count: 3,404
-

Rio
"I should have been there. I'm never around that much since I moved out." Eddie said while shaking his head. Gemma sat next to him on their couch and held his hand while rubbing her thumb across it softly.

"It wouldn't have made a difference. I'm glad you weren't there, he killed everyone in front of me. His goal was to kill everyone I care about." I said. I don't know how I could've kept going without Eddie. He was my brother. Blood or no blood.

"Shit. I never thought I wouldn't see those idiots again." He said with a sad smile on his face, "I'll miss them."

I didn't respond. I would miss them too. They weren't only some of my best men but they were brothers to me also.

"Maze," Eddie said and stood up looking at her sympathetically. She sniffled and wiped away her tears. She hated crying in front if people just like I did. He pulled her into his chest and she hugged him tightly.

"I'm just glad you two are okay." He said to Kenzie and Emma. He held Emma and he turned and pecked her forehead.

"I'm so sorry about what happened, but we have to hurry and come up with a plan to get her back." Gemma sniffled. "Sitting around crying is just wasting time."

Emma began crying, everyone was upset and sad and she could obviously tell.

I let out a sigh and grabbed Emma from Eddie. She hugged me immediately and her cries began to quiet down and her little sniffles were heard. "I am working on a plan. I'll get her back." I said.

"Well all of your men got killed Rio. How?" Gemma let out another sigh and it looked like she wanted to cry more, "She's with very dangerous people, they killed everyone."

"They aren't my only men. They're just the most trusted ones and they did good at their jobs." I tried my best not to snap on her. She was worried about her sister but so was I. My brother and friends got fucking killed only a day ago.

"Babe we promise we'll get her back. Cut him some slack." Eddie said. He sat back next to Gemma and pulled her into his chest and kissed the top of her head.

She nodded, "I'm sorry, do you guys need a place to stay?" She asked.

I shook my head, "No but Kenzie does."

Gemma nodded, "Of course."

"And where will you stay?" Kenzie let out a sigh and sat on the couch next to Eddie.

"My loft. I don't really need a place to sleep anyways. I won't be getting much of it." I answered.

"You need sleep Rio." She replied, Eddie and Gemma nodded in agreement.

"And I will, after I find her." Sleep was the last thing on my mind. Last night when I was in bed in my loft it didn't feel right. I couldn't sleep. My mind was on her constantly and when I finally did doze off, I didn't stay sleep for long.

"Rio-"

"Stop telling me what to do. I'm fine. I'm leaving." I cut Kenzie off and grabbed my jacket.

-

These last three days I thought hard about anything I knew about Peter. Then it clicked. I once met Peter at an address he gave me before. I drove to the house I once met him at. I wasn't even sure if he still lived here. It was irrational to go alone and not let anybody know but I needed this. I needed alone time. I needed to get all my anger out and I just didn't want to be around anyone.