Chapter 60

Word count: 2,409
-

Rio
I got out the car and made my way to the front door. Eddie and Gemma walking behind me, holding hands. He kissed her and continued placing kisses on her making her giggle like some high schooler. I rolled my eyes, "Children." I mumbled teasingly and knocked on the door.

"Shut the fuck up, you'll be doing the same. You're just grumpy cause you haven't had any in weeks." Eddie replied causing Gemma to laugh.

I ignored him and knocked on the door again with a little more force. The door opened and her eyes widened. She hugged me, snaking her arms around my neck making me stumble back a little. Gemma and Eddie walked inside but I remained at the doorstep with Isabella.

I lifted her up holding my hands under her thighs, she wrapped her legs around my torso. I kissed her softly. It seemed like I hadn't felt her lips against mines in forever and the feeling never got old. I pecked her lips one last time and pulled away. She stared in my eyes and hugged me tightly again, "I thought something happened to you. You wouldn't answer your phone, I was worried." She whispered.

"I know. I was busy and I didn't want you worrying." I said.

"Well ignoring me makes me worry more. It makes me think something happened." She replied.

I let her down and made my way in the house, holding her hand bringing her in with me. I closed and locked the door and turned, making eye contact with her. I pecked her lips and walked further into the house. "Where's my baby?" I asked.

"Daddy!" I heard Emma shout then run out of the kitchen with Kenzie behind her. She ran towards me and I picked her up. "How's my baby doing?" I kissed her forehead. She hugged my neck causing me to smile.

"Makin' cookies." She pointed at Kenzie who walked out of the kitchen and over to us.

I pulled Kenzie in for a hug, "You doing okay?"
I asked and she nodded.

"I think you should check on Bella." She said. I looked around looking for her but I didn't see her.

I pecked Emma's cheek and put her down, "Go finish making cookies baby." She ran back in the kitchen.

I went upstairs looking for Isabella's room. I slipped my shoes off and slid in bed behind her. "I love you." I said and wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into my chest. I left kisses on her neck and cheek. She turned to me, locking our lips together. She pulled away and let out a breath and nuzzled her face in my chest. "I don't want to talk about it." She said and I nodded knowing what she meant.

I pecked her forehead, "How about when we get home, we can go on a trip or wherever you want."

She looked up at me and pecked my lips and shook her head. "No I just want to go home." She replied and yawned. I nodded and nestled my face in the crook of her neck instantly getting her vanilla sent which made me happy. I missed her so much. "Sleep baby. I'll be here when you wake up."

-

"So everything's fine?" Kenzie asked.

I took another bite of my pizza. "Can't I eat in peace?" I huffed.

"I just don't want you to take Bella and Emma back home and then find out Mateo's gang is still a threat and have her worried sick again and leave the city again." She said staring at me waiting for a answer.

"I made sure I finished the fucking job, Mackenzie. That is not your place to worry about. Or worry about Isabella and Emma." I said sternly now getting upset. "I didn't fucking put you in the gang for a reason, now fucking act like it."