Chapter 25

Word count: 1,578
-

Bella
"Where's our cut from the last two jobs we did for you." Alex said as she looked at Rio. He stared at her for a minute. He reached down, picking something up from the floor. He handed Alex the bag.

"It's all there." He said over the bar's music and shifted in his seat and took a sip of his drink, "Remember the arrangement. You get paid for every two deliveries y'all make for me. Y'all owe me."

Gemma nodded and sipped her drink.

"So y'all in or what? Isabella let you know right?" He said and his eyes met mines.

Gemma and I made eye contact causing me to nod.

"You ladies not sure? Need a quick bathroom break?" He smirked and his eyes stared into me. I looked down at my drink before picking it up and gulping it down. Gemma stared at me and raised her eyebrow then looked at Rio.

"N-no we'll do it." I said and looked at Alex, she nodded and Gemma and Maya did. I needed money to pay my rent, Liam cut my check because he complains about how I don't come in enough. But he never fires me because I'm like the only other worker besides Melissa and Peter, Peter barely comes in.

He nodded and looked at me before and standing up making his way out.

"So when are we doing this?" I said.

"Tomorrow at eight. It'll be early, there shouldn't be that much traffic." Maya said. I nodded and stood up, the girls stared at me.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked.

"I'm going to drive by your house and pick up Emma and go home, I'm not feeling too well." I said. Gemma stared at me with a smirk.

"I could keep Emma, just go home and get some rest, tomorrow after the job, you could get her."

I nodded, "Are you sure?"

She nodded.

Truth is, I wanted to leave. I didn't need Gemma questioning me in front of everyone. No one needed to know about this. I was just being stupid, it was a one time- two time thing that won't happen again.

I unlocked my car door, got in and drove home.

My phone kept ringing. I made a quick glance at it and read, Liam. He called and I answered it and put it on speaker phone. "Bella! You have not been in at all today, God help me I will cut your check next week too. I understand you had some loss but that past, get the fuck over it and come to work." My eyes widened.

"Liam?"

He sighed angrily, "What?" He spat.

"Fuck you. I quit." I said and hung up. I sighed. I quit my job. Fuck why did I do that? I threw my phone down on the seat and headed home.

-

I slipped on some tight black skinny jeans, with a black tank top and threw a black jean jacket on.

I left my apartment building, and made my way to my car. I got in and drove to Alex's house.

I knocked on the door, I heard the lock click and it soon opened. I walked in, "Bella it's 8:40, we agreed eight, not forty minutes late." Alex sighed and pulled her brown hair into a ponytail.

"I know i'm sorry, I set my alarm for seven but it didn't go off."

"So Rio said there were two trucks right?" Gemma said and I nodded.

"I'll drive with Bella." Gemma said.

Alex and Maya nodded, the two we're going to drive together.

"Okay you guys just follow me." I said because I had the location, we were all going to the same place anyways.