Chapter 52

Word count: 2,356
-

Rio
"Can you keep Emma today?" Isabella asked, pulling me out my thoughts.

I was actually really busy. I'm always am, she never has anything to do. "What are you doing today?" I asked her. She stood up from the bed, my shirt falling down now covering her panties. I eyed her and bit my lip as she walked over to her closet.

"I have work today, I have to try looking for another babysitter." She replied and I groaned.

"You don't listen."

"Why should I?" I heard her say and she came out of the closet.

"Because, I'm your boyfriend-"

"Yeah, my boyfriend, not my father." She laughed, "And besides, Rio I really want something to do, Plus, I need a job to continue to be able to provide for Emma and pay for this." She gestured to the apartment.

"You know I'll provide for you and Emma." I sighed. I admire her independence, really, but it also annoyed me, I like spoiling my girlfriend.

"And I know that," She came over to the bed and pecked my lips then looked over at Emma who was still asleep.

"Baby I would but I'm really busy, especially today." I said.

"You're busy everyday." She said.

"Exactly, so just stay home with Emma or take her to work with you, or did you ask your sisters?" I said.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "I can't take her to work with me Rio, and I'm not staying home, I just got the job in less than a month! And I didn't think I should even have to ask my sisters anymore. I'm not a single mother anymore, right?" She spat and grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom and slammed the door. Isabella was an independent woman who hated asking for help. I think that's why she's even that upset and said what she said about not being a single mother anymore.

I look over at Emma and she's waking up. She rubs her eyes and look around, her eyes stopping on me. "Daddy," She holds her arms out. I grab her and pull her into me. She rests her head on my shoulder. I hear her let out a little tired sigh followed by a yawn.

I walk to the bathroom, still carrying Emma. I try to open the door but it's locked, I hear the shower running. "Baby, I'm sorry It's just, It's busy and really important I can't mess up or have any distractions." I said outside the door.

"Oh and my job Isn't important? And Emma's just a distraction?" She says over the shower.

"No, that's not what I mean-" I shut up before I make it worse. I sat Emma down and began looking for a outfit to put on her. I decided on a pastel purple shirt and some little light blue shorts and just putting some socks on her because I tried putting on the little sandals before and it's really hard, which resulted in me pinching Emma before and she cried nonstop. So I rather not.

I look around the room for her bag. I grab it and put Whinter, her stuffed bunny in there with her blanket and some crackers and juice boxes.

Shit I have to get myself ready. I don't even have any other clothes here. "Come on baby." I picked her up and began to walk out.

"You're leaving?" I turned and saw Isabella standing in a towel, her hair wet and curly. Emma definitely got her hair color from Brian. She was a blonde like him but she was Isabella's twin. She had the same caramel skin complexion as her and her hair was the exact same curl pattern as Isabella's. Not to mention the face, she was a mini Isabella.

I nodded, "Yeah I gotta head to my loft and get ready and get us something to eat." I looked at Emma. I walked over to Isabella and pecked her lips. "I'll see you later." I said. She nodded and kissed Emma.