Chapter 43

Tysm for 32k reads <3

Word count: 1,295
-

Rio
"I told you to make sure she stayed in the hotel! You did the exact opposite!" I shouted.

Tears poured from her poppy eyes, "I know. I'm sorry." She replied.

I growled, "Are you fucking kidding me? We have no clue who took her Eve!"

"Rio! Calm down. I'm sure she's as upset about it as you are and she already feels like it's her fault don't make her feel any worse." Kenzie said.

"But it is her fault Mackenzie!" I snapped and Emma whimpered. In Maze's hold, I reached over and grabbed her and kissed her forehead.

I turned away from them making my way to the elevator. I waited for a bit until it dinged, a woman walked out and I made my way in and pressed the 4.

"Daddy?" Emma spoke breaking the silence.

"Yes baby?" I asked.

"Hungry, want mommy." She said and yawned. The elevator dinged once again and opened. "I know baby, you can eat after you take a nap ok?" She nodded as she rubbed her eyes as I walked down the hallway to Eddie's room.

I stopped at his room number and knocked, waiting for him to open it.

"What's up?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"I need you to keep Emma. I'm going to find Isabella." I handed Emma over to him.

He grabbed her and she rested her head on his shoulder while sucking her thumb.

"I promise i'll be back and me you and mommy can eat candy and watch movies." I pecked her forehead. She smiled sleepily.

"Wait what do you mean find Isabella? Let me come with you." Eddie said.

"She and Eve left the hotel anyways when I said not to. Someone took Isabella while they were at the beach. Nasir and Cesar are out on that job I sent them on."

"You sent them on a job?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yes they're following Mateo around to see where his spots are. Eve is currently a mess because of what happened with Isabella and Kenzie is probably with her so that leaves you to watch Emma."

"Rio you shouldn't go alone." He said.

"Look Eddie.." I sighed, "I'm really worried about her. This is not our fucking city and I have no fucking clue who took her." I admitted.

"Which is more reason why you shouldn't go alone." He said.

"Well i'm not bringing Emma with us, and there's no one to watch her. I really don't feel comfortable leaving her with Eve, she already got my girlfriend taken i'm not going to get my daughter taken either."

He smirked and stared at me. "What?" I huffed getting annoyed.

"You said your girlfriend."
"No, I didn't."
"Yes you did." He smirked again.
"No."
"Yes."
"It doesn't matter. I just need to find her." I said.

He nodded, "Rio be careful." He said as we made eye contact. I nodded.

I hurried my way back to the elevator and to the lobby and rushed my way to my car. I had my gun, a smaller gun in my sock and my knife. I'd always carry something extra just in case.

I opened the door, checking in the backseat before getting in. I started the ignition and just drove. I just want her back so badly. I was really worried about her. I told her how much I cared about her back at the cabin and the feelings for her are mutual. We still weren't a couple. We never actually talked about it.

I huffed, this woman made me soft for her. I let her in. I smiled again at the thought of her. I'll find you, sweetheart. I always do.

I drove to the beach to look around, it was empty. It wasn't that big and there was a small shop. I looked around it, there was no one in there but there probably was someone in there when Isabella was kidnapped. I looked around observing, trying to find a camera. I hopped over behind the counter looking for anything. Anything that'd help me find her.

I didn't see a camera but I'll have my men look again because not all cameras are visible. I sighed and hopped back over the counter and walked back down the stairs.

Who would take her?

I fucked up. Someone had to be watching us to know we're here in Chicago. I sighed and pulled my phone out and dialed Eddie, "Eddie gather some men and send them to the beach Isabella was kidnapped. I want them to look and try and find anything or any cameras. Im sending you the location now."

"Im on it now, are they meeting you at the beach?" He asked. Before I could reply, I felt something hit my head, hard. I began to get dizzy, trying to keep my balance. I lifted my hand up to feel where my head was hit at and felt something wet; blood. In pain, I pulled out my gun and shot at whoever hit me before they could do it again. My eyesight was blurry but whoever I shot at, I hit. I saw them fall to the ground and heard them groan.

I stumbled to pick my cell phone up, "Rio? I sent men over and I'm on my way." I heard him say. "What happened bro?" He asked.

"I was hit, I shot- send someone," That was the last thing I said or saw, everything went dark.

-

I woke up, my head throbbing I looked around and saw I was in my hotel room. "Put this on your head please." I looked up and saw Eve holding out an ice pack. I grabbed it from her and put it on my wound. I groaned. I remember what happened I went searching for Isabella and someone was there and hit me but not hard enough to knock me unconscious and I shot them.

"Here's an aspirin." Eve hands me two pills and a bottle of water.

"Thank you Eve, where's everybody? Where's Emma?"

"Eddie said he was talking to you on the phone and heard a gun shot and you didn't sound so well. He went to the beach of the location you sent and found you there with another person you shot. He said you were both out cold." She paused for a little to make sure I was following. "He brought you and the guy back to the hotel and he has the guy in Nasir and Vincent's hotel room. They gagged him and tied him up so no one will hear him." She said.

I nodded, If I wasn't able to stay conscious after getting hit, I probably would've been killed. Now I could get some answers out this guy.

I took the aspirin. "Where's Kenzie?" I asked.

"She's also with Eddie."

I put my sneakers on and stood up. "Rio you need rest, you have a head injury."

"Eve, I'm fine. I can't just sit on my ass, I need to find Isabella." "Stay here with Emma. If she wakes up call me." I said and left out the hotel room and made my way to Nasir's.
-
I walked in and saw the guy tied up and gagged. I smirked and pulled my gun out.

"You know if you try to kill me next time, it takes more than a hit to take me out and try hitting harder, although, there will be no next time." I took the sock out of his mouth.

"P-please don't kill me!" He pleaded.

I smirked, "I don't know about that but I'll tell you what, you help me out and I won't kill you."

He nodded hesitantly.

I smiled, "Great."
--