Chapter 49

Word count: 1,144
-

Rio
"Boss, I think I might have found him." Nasir said, my head snapped in his direction. I'm not sure who's help Brian got to keep him hidden but they're damn good.
"It's a small abandoned house." He said.

"You and Eddie, gather a team and go check it out." I said.

"Where's Easton?" I said as I looked down at my watch checking the time; It was only five in the morning. I woke up early.

"He's headed to your loft for Bella." Cesar said causing me to nod.

I made Easton watch Bella when i'm not around because of all the shit going on. I trust Eason very much, obviously. I knew him for a while now.

I let out a sigh, I was extra tired I just wanted to go back home and get in my warm bed with Bella. I smiled at the thought of her, I think she was happier. It's hard being happy with me but I try.

"What's up?" Eddie asked.

"Nothing, i'm just tired." I said.

"Well, you told us everything we need to do and we don't have anything else to do until the trade and finding Brian." He said.

Even though I did always give my men work to do, I was still always busy.

"Just go home to your family." He said.

It sounded odd out loud. I never even realized I do have a family. A girlfriend and a little girl who loves me.

I nodded, "I'll talk to you guys later." I said and they all nodded. I observed the room, "Where's Vincent?" I looked at them for answers.

I pulled out my phone and dialed him, no answer. "Vincent get your ass to the warehouse, make this your last time not showing up without letting me know." I left a voicemail.

"Kyle, how's that thing going?" I looked over to the youngest boy here. He started working for me about a few months ago. "Great, I'm going today to pick it up." He said and I nodded, happy to hear that. But I'm not surprised, whatever I assign him with, he gets it done. He reminds me of myself actually because I was also all wrapped up in this shit at a young age.

"Nice job." I nodded at him.

-

"Hey Easton you can go home Early, thanks man." I said he nodded, "No problem, call me."
I opened the door to my loft, being as quiet as possible. I took my shoes off and made my way to the bed, the sun hadn't come up yet and no lights were on so it was still dark.

I slipped in bed and pulled Isabella to my chest. I rested my face in the crook of her neck, she always smelled like vanilla. I smiled and pecked her forehead, "I love you baby." I said even though she couldn't hear and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up and fixed some breakfast. I went to Emma's room. I shook her lightly, "Comon monkey, time to wake up." I said and picked her up. She laid her head on my shoulder.

I sat her down on the blanket on the floor and sat her plate down next to her with small portions of each food I cooked. I poured her apple juice in a sippy cup so she wouldn't spill it.

I walked over to the bed, "Baby wake up I made breakfast." I shook her.

I pecked her lips, "It's your favorite; waffles." I chuckled once her eyes lit up.

"Okay I'm going to take a shower." She said and left.

I began searching the loft for her medicine she once bought over. She left the bottle and didn't bother getting it back, that just shows even more she doesn't take it.

I found them and took out one and laid it on a napkin next to her plate. She came out the bathroom, she had on one of my shirts. She kissed Emma on the forehead. I pecked her lips. She sat down and looked at the pills then up at me.

"You know what they are." I said. She nodded, "How long it's been?" I asked. She sighed and shrugged.

"Can you please take them after you eat?" I asked and she nodded. I smiled.

"So I found a job, does he have to follow me there too?" She asked.

"Yes ma." I answered and drunk the rest of the juice I had left. "I told you you don't need a job." I said.

"I know but you don't let me work with you anymore and It's boring just sitting at home all day, and I have bills to pay anyways." she said, I nodded. "Why can't I work with you anymore anyways?" She said. "And don't use the kidnapping excuse, that excuse never stopped you before and it's been a while since I was kidnapped."

"It's your anxiety, Isabella. And things are different now. You're my girlfriend and i'm sorry about all the fucked up shit I did to and around you. I don't want to do those things around you anymore. You shouldn't be seeing me do that shit." I said. Which was true. This lifestyle wasn't for her, the best I can do is keep her away from it as much as I can which is almost impossible but I'll try.

"Rio.." She said and caressed my face, "I didn't know thats why. But I don't care Rio. It's your life, I've accepted that the moment I began to catch feelings, I knew what I was getting myself into and I didn't back off. I know how you are Rio, I know what you do. I want you to know that I'm okay with it." She said.

She was okay with dating me knowing what I do but only because she barely saw me in action. She saw me kill someone twice and the first time she was terrified. She didn't even want to talk to me anymore. I don't want to put her through that. I kissed her cheek, "Im happy you accept it, but bella I still won't do anything around you."

"Let's go out tomorrow please." She said changing the subject.

I nodded, I noticed we never really go anywhere all together. "Of course, where do you want to go baby?" I looked over at Emma who was watching tv.

Waiting for Bella's response, I walked over to Emma and picked her up causing her to squeal. I tickled her, "It's time for a bath little one."

"Noo, TV." She pointed to the tv.

"Well I guess you wanna be all dirty and stinky just to watch tv." I teased.

"No," She shook her head while trying to get put of my hold as I carried her to the bathroom.

--