Chapter 70

Word count: 3,700
-

Bella
I sniffled and wiped the tears that were already flowing before I was pulled from my sleep. Another nightmare. I sat up, my feet dangling off the bed.

I felt movement behind me and a hand touch my lower back. "Baby?" His raspy voice spoke. I woke him up only this time it wasn't intentional.

I stood up and walked in the open door of the dark bathroom and flicked on the lights. I closed the door and slid my panties down after lifting the toilet seat up. I flushed the toilet and put the seat top down.

My nose is runny. I sniffled and walked over to the sink and grabbed tissues and blew my nose. After trashing the tissue I washed my hands.

The door opened, I turned to look and saw Rio. I turned the faucet off and dried my hands. "Please talk to me." He pleaded. I looked up at him and just wanted to hug him and never let go.

"It's late, i'm tired." I walked past him and flicked the light off on the way out. I tucked my hair behind my ears and searched my bag for a scrunchie. I saw one wrapped around my hairbrush and put my hair up in a messy bun.

I felt his hands rest on my my hips and he pulled me into him. He pecked the top of my head and wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly, "I didn't mean to say what I did. I'm sorry. Shit i'm an asshole, I didn't mean it."

I shrugged, "It's fine." I moved his arms from around me and got in bed. I pulled the covers over me and shut my eyes. I heard the sound of a door open and close. I looked over to the bathroom door but it was still open with the light off.

-

I don't know when I fell asleep but I woke up to the sound of the room's door opening. Rio walked over to his side and got in bed. His movement came to a halt once he got comfortable.

"Isabella?" He whispered after a while.

He reached his hand over and rested it on my thigh, "Hmm?" I hummed.

He pulled me towards his chest, " I know I can't take back what I said but I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it in that way." He said and I felt his chin rest on my head.

"It's fine, you're right." I spoke barely above a whisper.

"No I wasn't i'm sorry." He apologized again.

"I'm going to the clinic tomorrow to schedule one." I spoke.

He didn't reply. He was dead silent. I didn't say anything else. What was the point? There was nothing left for us to say.

I wasn't going to bring a baby into this world because being his or her father's blood alone makes them a target. I wasn't going to bring another baby into this world where they're unwanted by their father. I already had to prepare for what i'd tell Emma when she gets older. That was a whole different thing I would have to worry about later on in the future. Of course I'd let her know Rio wasn't her biological father and let her know about Brian and that he wasn't a good man without getting into details but I would never tell her Rio is the one who killed him. The only reason I even considered telling Emma about Brian is because I didn't want her to feel like she's been lied to her entire life when she's older.

"You're going to the clinic to schedule what?" He finally spoke up. I know he had put a lot of thought into what I said about the clinic these past few minutes. It's something i've learned that he does. He gets quiet for a while when he's thinking. He does it often.

"An abortion, Rio. I've never gotten one before so i'm not sure if they'll do it with a walk in or if I have to schedule one. I'll see tomorrow." I lay on his arm and watch the one that's wrapped around my waist hand as he squeezed and fiddles with one of my scrunchies he found in bed.