Chapter Six: Bog Burglars

Oh the wind in my hair!

There's always wind in my hair, but this wind was better. It was gentle. Clean. It felt like freedom.

The six of us bobbed around in the early morning sky, our dragons in the best of moods.

Toothless was like a whole different Nightfuy. He and Hiccup flew circles around the rest of us; divebombing and rocketing up towards the rising sun, shooting plasma blasts at will.

The twins were arguing their heads off, Snotlout was getting into the middle of it, and Fishlegs was going on about the scroll he was trying to decipher.

"It's so amazing! I can tell it's really similar to Norse! But I haven't found the right dialect yet!" He babbled, "So far, none of the ancient manuscripts match it. But these dragons. They don't look like any we've ever seen before. Look at the tail fan. It's a tail fan! And those combs, on their heads? I wonder what they use those for. Oooohhh, Hiccup! Once we clear everything up with the neighbors, can we make a detour and head for Alba? Eret said the scroll was found floating in a bottle just off shore."

"That's pretty far south, Fishlegs," Hiccup slowed to our speed. Toothless was panting joyously. "But we'll see. If we get things sorted out quickly I don't see why not."

"Yes!" Fishlegs fist pumped.

"Somebody is out of shape," I laughed, watching the Nightfury breath hard. "Two somebodies."

"Hey, no need to get personal," Hiccup folded his arms in good humor.

>Sniff!<

Toothless looked around in a funny way.

"What do you smell, bud?"

The Nightfury sniffed for a few minutes, then snorted. He had lost the scent.

"Oh. Sorry that was probably my sister. She has terrible problems with indigestion."

"It wasn't me and you know it. It was probably you,"

"Don't be ridiculous. I make dainty little toots. You're the pro,"

"Oh yeah? Then how come only Toothless smelled it?"

"Touche, my nutty sister. I admit, it was I who did the dirty deed."

"Tuffnut!" Hiccup instinctively put his hand to his nose. "Like we want to know."

"I did," Ruffnut said. "To prove my innocence," she quickly added.

"Ugh. I can't believe I hang out with these losers. Hey Aaaaastrid; bet you and that Nadder can't beat me and Hookie to that rock formation!"

The Monstrous Nightmare snorted and gave us a wicked smirk, diving to boost his speed.

"Oh it is on! Stormfly take out the competition and bring home the glory!" She followed Hookfang down and flicked her tail.