Chapter Twenty-Seven: How to Steal a Piranharrow

Cooooooooo coooo coooo cooooooooo cooo

Trooper approved of piggy backing on Hiccup's shoulder. He was up much higher than most terrors dared to venture, and without having to lift a wing. This was travelling in style.

Hiccup had forgotten what a comfortable ride the Gronckle was. Actually he wasn't sure he ever knew what a comfortable ride the Gronckle was, but on Shattermasters' back the trip to Liam's little island felt like the gentle fall breeze on his face.

After being hounded by the incessant questions of Camicazi, Dagur and Heather Hiccup highlighted all the most critical events and details since their departure, including the discovery of the Nightfuries for the Bog Burglar.

"Oh," Said Camicazi, her untamed hair wisping 'round as she glanced at Ebony. "That's not Toothless then?"

"UHHH, no, Toothless has green eyes... and don't you think I'd be riding him?!?"

"I can't be bothered to remember every little thing about your dragon, Hiccup. She looks just like him."

"So I hate to ask again... but... how much longer?" Pallus, whom no one trusted enough to ride with, was being carried by his arms in the claws of Sleuther. It takes only the smallest bit of imagination to know that would not be a pleasant way to travel.

"For the hundredth time we'll get there when we get there." Dagur sighed, shaking his head. "Kids these days."

Three hours later the cliffy shores of Fionnadh Oíche crested the sea. Party of one Nightfury, one Triple Stryke, one Razorwhip, Rocket Ripper, Gronckle, and Monstrous Nightmare landed.

There was no Kyte. Hiccup thought back at that canid face staring up at them as they left, twinkle in his eye. For some reason Loki thought the dead isle of Berk was more entertaining than those stick-in-the-mud Vikings. He didn't protest, heck, he was glad to have the trouble maker out of his hair. But something about that smile on the Kytes' face just didn't sit well with him.

"This place is a dump," Heather muttered, poking at a parchment half-buried in the ground, framed into the shape of a cat with thin, flexible twigs. Ebony wandered over in curiosity. She sniffed and tried to pull it from the earth, accidentally tearing it.

The young Berkian Chief bit his lip, saying nothing of the shambles the place had become since his last visit. Could just be the years, He tried to reason with himself, Liam doesn't have a lot of resources. Still green, half eaten trees and freshly splintered planks of wood were not real supportive of that thought.

The Viking shook his head and checked to see how Hookfang was doing. He hadn't been keen on taking the dragon but Berk was down food and water and up a Loki.

"There's another one of those things," Camicazi brushed a parchment off. "Ooo, with string attached. And some text on the parchment. Gaelic, if I'm not mistaken."