Chapter Seven: Gullgut Island

Thanking the Bog Burglars for their hospitality, we headed out

Thanking the Bog Burglars for their hospitality, we headed out. Bertha tried to marry Snotlout to Camicazi before nightfall. He couldn't shake the dust off his feet fast enough.

"What's the matter, Snotlout?" I teased. "Scared of a girl?"

"Who is NOT scared of that girl? I don't want to marry someone that would steal my dragon and kill me in my sleep!" He shot back, twitching. "Hookfang, watch out!" Snotlout threw himself sideways to turn his dragon, avoiding a collision with Barf and Belch.

Hookfang was still in shock after an unauthorized trip around the island with Camicazi. She was heavy on the reigns and Monstrous Nightmares are very sensitive flyers. Needless to say they crashed. A lot.

"You okay, Hookfang?" Toothless and Hiccup slowed. Hookfang snorted and shook his head. His eyes were wide.

"Of course he's not okay a crazy person dragonnapped him! he's been traumatized!"

"Calm down, Snotlout," Fishlegs and Meatlug came alongside. "You'll only make him more upset. What he needs is a calm, quiet friend to come along and help him out."

Meatlug panted like a dog. She got up next to Hookfang and licked him.

Hookfang narrowed his eyes and spat a fireball at her.

"Meatlug stop! Stop we just ate whaaa!" Fishlegs screamed as she reeled back, spiraling out of control.

The Monstrous Nightmare snickered.

"Ha ha ha! You were right Fishface that did cheer him up."

"But why? Oh, why?" Tuffnut alone was bemoaning our departure. "I was just getting to know Olga, with her massive braids and size twelve boots. She's the village doctor. I tell you, she is my match, made in Valhalla itself. She even had a mace named Macey she uses for surgery! Alas, my life has in one fleeting moment slipped me by, and I shall live out the end of my days a miserable old maid."

"Old maids are girls, Tuffnut."

"You understand my meaning."

"If you really like her that much just write her Terror mail," I turned in my saddle.

"He's afraid of Terrors," Ruffnut said. "To many times getting his face chewed up or some sad excuse like that."

"Who got their face chewed up?"

"Yikes!" Hiccup ducked. Dagur was riding backwards and upside down on Sleuther. He stared expectantly, arms crossed.

"Hey where'd you come from?" Ruffnut demanded.

"WE came from Berk." Heather brought Windshear alongside Meatlug. "I got your message, Fishlegs."

"I'm so happy you were able to make it!" The Ingerman beamed.