Chapter Thirty-One: Alba

Thunder Muffin Kevin Whitney Duke Lena Addy Tabby Bitty Olive Samaranta Milo Hamburger Max Missy Monty Hudson Faith Shadow Jazz and Misty

Thunder Muffin Kevin Whitney Duke Lena Addy Tabby Bitty Olive Samaranta Milo Hamburger Max Missy Monty Hudson Faith Shadow Jazz and Misty. These are only to name a few of Liam's little 'darlings', as he called them.

What a time they had trying to catch them all up. Even with the help of Sleuther, Hookfang and Shattermaster It took a hysterical three hours to collect all fifty-two Nightfurries on the isle, and another two to break up the cat-fights and get all the harnesses on. Heather and Camicazi's sides were sore from laughter by the time Liam's absurd, Nightfurry-powered air-boat took to the sky.

Mew,

Said A silver-grey furry with a sweet round face, looking tired and flapping hard.

"Almost there, Missy," Hiccup pitied the creature.

"Misty," Liam corrected.

"MISTY, sorry Misty."

"Missy's over here taking a respite. She's pretty old you know."

"ANYWAY we're almost there. Land's up ahead, Albion land."

The island before them was vast, without end in sight, stretching east and west and south. Beyond the sandy shores and rivers' mouths everything was covered in lush green. Fields of both wheat and wild grass made interesting shapes all through the foothills, and further up thick woods left no bald patches anywhere.

The closer they got the darker the clouds overhead became. The weary travelers neared the shore, welcomed by a sheet of rain.

"Ugh. Perfect," Pallus said, shivering. Liam had the decency to give the Mediterranean one of his old jackets; it kept him from freezing to death but did little else. "It's Alba alright."

Reow, reow, reow, reow... Monty, a buff, longhair tabby objected. He was joined by a chorus of reproachful yowls. Hookfang thought (or didn't) to be helpful, igniting himself and flying close to the felinish creatures. They hissed and swat as his licking flames singed their fur. Offended he moved away. See if he cared if they got drenched.

"No no, come back," the Roman moaned, holding his hand out to the remnant of warmth. He turned to the riders. "Please let me ride the stormcutter."

"...the what?" Heather leaned back in the saddle wiping flattened black hair out of her eyes.

"Big- red- fiery- that one." Pallus pointed.

Hiccup laughed. "Monstrous Nightmare. And heh, I'd like to see you try. Hookfang's... sensitive. Let's put it that way."

"Is that a yes?"

Five stern 'no's answered.

After scanning the area for human activity, the team landed on a pebbly beach. A pouch of Mimikoos moved on down the way, watching the strangers warily.

Hopping down Hiccup stared back. He'd never seen a live Mimikoo in all his life; how badly he wanted to drop everything and chase after those dragons... he shook the thought. There were dozens of dragons here that he had never seen before, but time for only one. He pulled the map from Sleuther's saddlebag.