I Made An Only Slightly Cursed AU (Dream Sea AU)

So, my friends Maya and Coco (@MayaTheWatcher and ChocolateUnicorn06) and I were chatting and came up with an ever-so-slightly cursed AU where the DSMPers are merpeople.

Yup. We're very productive and definitely finish all our homework before coming up with crack AUs. Isn't that right, guys?

Here's what we made for the mer!AU:

-The place is called the Dream Sea (get it? The Dream SMP- but the Dream Sea?)

-Snowchester is a mer-town in the cold arctic ocean, same for the Antarctic Anarchist Commune

-L'Manburg is a sunken city

-Ranboo is half-merperson, half-enderman. When in water he has a tail, but if he's in the water for more than a few hours it starts to burn him (thanks to his enderman genes). He lives in a house on the beach next to the underwater anarchist commune.

-Everyone's tails are their signature color, save for Tubbo, whose tail is yellow striped with black because BEES

-Schlatt is half capricorn (like the actual mythical creature capricorn, which is a half-goat half-fish)

-It's not the DSMP plot it's just the server but like an ocean with merpeople. Tommy and Wilbur are alive. Fear not!

-The bench is a rock where Tommy and Tubbo like to sit and watch the sunset and sunrise. No trauma, though, since this is a totally different universe and there's no canon here!

-Tubbo likes to swim upriver until he finds a beehive, then he sits on the riverbank and watches them. This is also how he hangs out with Ranboo on land

-The Bee 'N Boo hotel is half on land, half underwater, so Ranboo and Tubbo can both work on it at the same time for long periods of time

-Phil has those wing-ish things that flying fish have. He can flyyyy(ish. It's more like gliding)

Now have a short story in the Dream Sea universe

—————————————————————————————————————————

Snowchester was just as freezing above water as it was under the waves.

Ranboo sat on the rocky shore of Snowchester, staring into the blue depths of the ocean. He knew it wouldn't hurt— at first— if he fell in, but it still scared him.

"Memory Boy!"

The voice came from behind him, and Ranboo instantly jumped away as a small wave of water washed over the rock where he'd been sitting.

"You really need to stop doing that," Ranboo sighed, turning around. Tubbo smiled innocently back at him. "But I almost got you this time!" he protested, smacking his black-striped golden tail against the water and sending another cascade of water over the rocks.

Ranboo edged away. "So what are we doing today? Going back to visit the beehive upriver? Working on the hotel?"

"I want to go to your house."

"I told you, Tubbo," Ranboo sighed. "Techno and Phil wouldn't like that."

"But you technically live on land, not with them."

"Tubbo."

"Fiiiine," Tubbo complained, but he was smiling. "I want you to help me with Snowchester."

Ranboo's heart dropped. "Tubbo, Snowchester is underwater."

Tubbo shrugged. "I know, but come on! You're only half enderman. You're a merperson in water. I want to hang out with you. Please?" He gave Ranboo a long look from pleading blue eyes.

Ranboo glanced at the water and flinched. He knew it wouldn't hurt for a few hours, that it was just his natural instinct to stay away from water, but it just looked so... so cold. And dark. And wet.

"Fine. I knew you'd say no." Tubbo flipped onto his back and floated that way, his bright tail and green shirt a contrast to the blue of the ocean. "Bee watching?" he suggested after a moment of silence.

Ranboo grinned. He'd been waiting for that. "Actually, Tubbo, I have a gift for you."

Tubbo perked up. "A gift?"

"Yep. Close your eyes and swim where I tell you to." Ranboo led Tubbo along the coast, then paused in front of the glass-domed structure he'd built. "Now open them."

Tubbo opened one eye slowly, then opened them both wide. "It's like the L'Manburg bee house!" he enthused. "From before the city sank!"

"Go inside. There's your entrance." Ranboo pointed to the underwater gap, and Tubbo dove underneath. Ranboo opened the land door and stepped inside.

It was a near-exact copy of the old L'Manburg bee sanctuary, but where Tubbo had only ever been able to watch the bees from the outside there, he could sit in the small lagoon Ranboo made for him on one side of the building.

Tubbo's head popped out of the lagoon, and a bee flew over to perch on his shoulder. "Ranboo," Tubbo said seriously, "you are my best friend."

Ranboo smiled back. "Just don't let Tommy hear you say that."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this is a crack AU and yes I love it very much