this random thing i wrote at 11pm where the dsmp people are gods

The cathedral houses the Divine Mosaic.

The Mosaic depicts the gods— fierce Technoblade, sly Dream, sweet, chaotic Tubbo, and so on. Names right out of a child's book of fairytales. To most of the world, at least. To the Shrine Keepers, like myself, they are real.

It is not a simple matter of faith. The gods know us and we know the gods. They are our companions and our friends. They walk among us, and among only us. We are all sworn to secrecy, and thus the outside world has deemed us mad, at worst. Zealots and fanatics, at best.

Despite all this, I am proud to be a Keeper. Though it is not faith that gives us our belief in the gods now, it was faith that drove us all here. To become a friend to the gods, first you must have the conviction— or a desire to be convinced— to try.

On my upper arms, several things are inked into my skin. People ask me if it hurt when I got the tattoos. It didn't— because they are not tattoos. The gods simply marked me— or rather, my gods did, my two patron gods, the gods I Keep the shrines of.

The bee and crossed sword and axe symbols of Tubbo and Technoblade are inked on my left arm. On the right, there are words:

BLUE LAZULI SILKWING
KEEPER OF THE SHRINE OF
DIVINE POWERS:
TUBBO AND TECHNOBLADE

My full name, my status, and the gods whose shrines I do the work of Keeping. Should I decide to Keep for more gods, their names and symbols would appear on my skin. I've met Keepers who Keep for so many gods, their skin is almost completely covered in not-tattoos.

And thus concludes my first entry in my journal I resolve to keep.

Best regards,

Blue Silkwing, Shrine Keeper to the altars of the gods of blood and life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this was inspired by the book Dream Shrine by galaxywiings (it took me forever to FINALLY get around to reading dream shrine and i do not regret it in the slightest)