Storybook Au

Tommy

The Evil Express was waiting.

Ahead of him, his dormmates made their way down the path to the train station. Dream, Wilbur, Quackity. So much had changed from the beginning of the year, when he'd arrived as all new students did at Storybook Center— on a train bound for one of the two fairytale academies with no memories beyond his name of where he'd come from or who he was.

Tommy could hardly believe the year was over, now.

He glanced again at his friends, bound for the train that had brought them here and would now take them to Storybook-sanctioned vacation towns for the summer. It certainly wouldn't take them back to their old lives. No, those memories were gone, and with them whoever they'd all been.

He had to get to the train, but first he wanted to say goodbye.

Tommy sprinted across the Storybridge, the black stone giving way to white as he crossed the halfway point. The Storybridge was massive, with a plaza— Storybook Square— at the center. It spanned the river separating Vilhalla Academy from Hero Hall. One school to educate future fairytale villains, and one to educate future fairytale heroes.

Hopefully Tubbo wouldn't be gone yet.

The silver gates of Hero Hall were already open, so Tommy darted right through them. With his black and gold uniform, he felt like an ink spill facing this fortress of white and silver.

"Tommy!" A boy dressed in a uniform in those same colors— silver and white— raced up to meet Tommy, grinning. "I almost thought you weren't coming to say goodbye."

"Never," Tommy protested, panting. "I'm a villain, not a jerk."

Tubbo laughed, pulling him into a hug. Tommy pulled away after a moment, pretending to be disgusted, but inwardly his touch-starved self tingled with happiness at the display of affection. "See you next year?" Tommy asked the best friend he'd ever made at this school.

Even if they were on opposite sides of the page.

Tubbo smiled wider.

"See you next year."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me explain the basics of this au:

basically there is a sentient magic book called the Storybook that wipes childrens' memories and drops them into a train bound for the Storybook Sanctioned Center for the Education of Young Villains and Heroes (aka Storybook Center), and they arrive at their new school (either Vilhalla or Hero Hall) and go to their dorm and get trained to be storybook characters. After graduation, their memories are wiped again and they go live out their stories.

There are Houses, 3 for each school. The houses are:
Vilhalla: House Callous, House Wicked, House Vicious
Hero Hall: House Brilliance, House Honor, House Valor

Each student has a "Trait". It's a trait of theirs that gives them a special power. For example, Dream (my favorite character in this au personally, he's just a lil gremlin) has limited mind control due to his Trait being "manipulative". Also, each student has a Nemesis that they're expected to be rivals with.

Soooo yeah that's the bare-bones basics
It's kind of a mix of Ever After High, The School of Good and Evil, Descendants, and Harry Potter?
If you want more details just ask ig lol