Like Fire, A Phoenix Dies Out

New L'Manburg.

The nation Tubbo had run into the ground.

Tubbo crouched down and peered off the edge of the crater, not caring about the sharp grit and debris that scratched his palms.

He'd done everything they'd asked of him! He'd been the best leader he could be, he'd tried as hard as he could, he followed their every order, and they all blamed him anyway.

He blamed himself, anyway.

Tubbo could see the giant L'Manburg flag someone had put up down in the crater. A relic, a reminder of a time now gone but never forgotten.

It made him furious.

It felt like mockery. It felt like that flag— colored in bold hues of blue for liberty, red for the bloodshed of their wars, and white for peace— was down there to remind Tubbo of all the hopes, the dreams, the ideals he had failed to uphold.

Tubbo remembered lifting a burning torch to the Manberg flag, high above ground, scorching the fallen empire's flag to ashes. Ashes, so New L'Manburg, their phoenix, could rise.

But perhaps like fires, eventually phoenixes die out.

And this— clinging on to the last feather the firebird left behind— would never let them move on.

Tubbo swung his legs over the side of the crater, finding footholds in the rough cliffside. He picked his way down into the crater until he'd reached the flag.

Tubbo thought about all the times he'd been asked to do something for someone else and suffered for it. Help me get these discs back, Tubbo. Be my secretary of state, Tubbo. Plan a festival, Tubbo. Spy for us, Tubbo. Be president, Tubbo. Exile your best friend, Tubbo. Execute Technoblade, Tubbo. Murder Dream, Tubbo.

I did everything they ever asked of me— or I tried to. And yet, when it all came crashing down, they blamed me.

Tubbo reached into his pocket for a flint and steel, then sparked them together directly on the fabric of the flag.

I'll let it burn...

It caught ablaze easily, the breeze whipping the fire along the cloth. As it burned, Tubbo imagined his memories burning with it, his failures and his mistakes, reduced to ashes.

I'll let it burn...

Every ounce of pain he had felt here. All the times he was pushed aside, ordered around, killed, burned away into cinders. A special place, they had called L'Manburg. That was their dream.

It couldn't have been further from the reality.

I heard that there was a place... where men could go emancipate...

And then suddenly he couldn't stop laughing as he watched the memories burn. It was gone! All gone!

It's very big, and all blown up, L'Manburg is no more.

It felt good. It felt really good.

Tubbo pocketed the flint and steel, and walked away, no one having witnessed the act of arson.

Good.

Tubbo tilted his head as he climbed out of the crater and headed away, thinking about other places that held bad memories for him.

They'll burn next.

He smiled.

I can hardly wait.

And why stop at burning buildings... when I have so many enemies?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you want to write evil Tubbo, Tubbo burning the flag, and Tubbo being sad over how he's always followed instructions and only been hurt for it all at once SO YOU COMBINE IT INTO A SINGLE ONESHOT