Order In The Court

Tommy glared across the courtroom, trying to suppress his shivers as he met the eyes of DreamWasTaken.

His enemy was in chains, of course, and behind bars, with Sam right next to him, sword and trident at ready. But after what happened in the prison... Tommy shuddered.

Tubbo sat next to him, nervously tapping his fingers against his briefcase. He was wearing his old navy presidential suit. The courtroom combined with that suit and Dream glaring at him... Tommy had to fight flashbacks.

He glanced at Ranboo, who was nervously fidgeting with the hem of his suit jacket at the court desk. He'd been given the role of bailiff in the trial, and seemed overly anxious about it.

The door opened, and Ranboo stood up to say the line he'd been practicing— endlessly, Tommy might add, and, in his opinion, rather annoyingly— for the past couple of days. "All rise, the Honorable His Majesty King Eret presiding."

Tommy stood up as Eret walked in— Eret, the traitor, the king, Eret who was going to be the judge for this case.

"Thank you. You may be seated. The court is now in session. The proceedings for the trial of DreamWasTaken for the murder of TommyInnit have now begun." Eret sat in the judge's seat and looked at Tubbo. "Prosecution, are you ready?"

Tubbo stood up. "Yes, Your Honor." As he sat rigidly down again, Tommy didn't think he'd ever seen his friend so serious before (except for declaring his exile sentence).

"Defense, are you ready?"

Across the court, Sapnap stood up. "Yes, Your Honor." He sat down again. Tommy had never seen Sapnap in a suit before, but there he was, looking completely formal.

And so we begin.

Eret turned back to Tubbo. "Prosecution, what are the charges the plaintiff is bringing against the defendant?"

Tubbo stood back up. "DreamWasTaken is being tried under charges of second-and-third-degree murder."

Tommy half smiled at that. He and Tubbo had spent hours trying to figure out the different degrees of murder and which ones Dream was guilty of. He still wasn't completely sure they'd actually gotten it right.

Eret nodded and turned to Sapnap. "Defense, how does the defendant plead?"

Sapnap stood up. "My client pleads not guilty to all charges, Your Honor." He sat down again.

Tommy had to bite back several loud protests.

"Prosecution, do you have any opening statements?"

Tubbo nodded. "Yes, Your Honor. Several weeks ago, TommyInnit was trapped in prison with criminal DreamWasTaken. He was killed by the accused in an act of cold-blooded murder."

"Thank you." Eret looked to Sapnap. "Defense, do you have any opening statements?"

Sapnap stood up. "Yes, Your Honor. Several weeks ago, TommyInnit was trapped in prison with my client. He attacked my client, and in an act of self-defense, my client returned blows and, through no fault of his conscious mind, killed the plaintiff, and then promptly revived him."

"Thank you, defense. Prosecution, do you have any witnesses to call forth?"

Tubbo bobbed his head in a nod. "Yes, I would like to call Awesamdude."

Sam moved away from his position guarding the cell in which Dream was being held to come to the stand.

Ranboo recited his other line. "Please raise your right hand. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"