Chapter 51

Scott still hasn't said anything, and when Peter looks up he blinks. Scott's face looks frozen, he doesn't seem to know what to say or do, Peter sighs.

"You mean," Scott starts slowly. "That when I rejected you as my Alpha, it made you more feral than you already were." Scott finishes with a scowl.

"Essentially, yes. It makes the Alpha part of your wolf believe that it's doing something wrong, especially when it's rejected by its only Beta." Peter tries to explain, and Scott stares at him intensely. 

"Why have you never mentioned this before? I mean it's not like I would've known, you'd turned me against my will. I hadn't figured out what it was until after Stiles had warned me, and I went to that party on the full moon." Scott answers, and Peter stares at him for a moment.

"Well, for starters, I was dead." Peter deadpans, and Scott winces. "Secondly, would you have really listened? Once you found out I was the Alpha you condemned me, and you thought because I was avenging my family, I must be evil." Peter raises an eyebrow challenging Scott to disagree with him.

To Peter's utter astonishment, like really who the hell seen this one coming, Scott nods in what looks like agreement.

"Okay, fair enough. I didn't know that it would make you more feral if I rejected you." Scott admits. "However, I didn't want to harm anyone against my will. Derek told me about the influence Alphas have over their Betas, and I was scared. Not to mention, you hadn't approached me in your human form to talk through things and explain what was going on." Scott continues, Peter stares at him for a minute, before nodding.

"Fair enough." Peter echoes.

"I am sorry, I may not agree with the way you avenged your family, but I know that if anything happened to my Mom, or Stiles, I'd probably be just as angry. I'm not sure it would escalate to murder, but I'm not saying that it's not a possibility." Scott states, and Peter thinks that maybe he's dreaming, cause there is no way Scott just apologized to him. 

Peter clears his throat. "I, uh, thank you." Peter coughs, and then clears his throat again. "I'm sorry for turning you against  your will." Scott's scent spikes in surprise.

"Ah, you guys are doing a lot better than I thought you would." Stiles says, popping up out of no where. "Keep up the good work you guys, it might not make you trust each other now, but its progress." Stiles sends them both a blinding smile, Peter feels pride at being praised by his Alpha. 

"Do you want to take a break?" Scott questions softly, and Peter nods. 

Scott for his part doesn't wait to get up and leave until Peter does, it makes Peter feel like Scott isn't trying to actively run away from him. It feels good to talk things out actually, Peter feels a little bit lighter. 

Peter hopes that this works in the packs favor, and maybe his own. 

________________________________

Sometimes, Erica can't believe how stupid people can be, that doesn't include Batman, or Boyd. Their conversation with Alison doesn't start off great, and it gives Erica a bad feeling.

"What exactly is the problem you two have with me?" Alison questions politely, and Erica sometimes wishes it wouldn't be considered assault to claw someone's eyes out. 

Because even if Alison doesn't see it, the fact that she doesn't even know what she's done to them is worse. It sets Erica's nerves on edge, makes her wolf growl warningly and makes her fingers itch to form claws.

Erica doesn't want to ask Batman for help with Alison just yet, they'll try explaining their end and if she still doesn't get it, or acts in a way Erica doesn't like, she'll call Batman over to set her straight. Not that Erica couldn't do that herself, it's just that she doesn't want to overstep her Alpha.

"You mean you don't remember the part where we were dragged through your house and into your basement where we were tortured." Boyd deadpans, tilting his head to the side just a little bit, it's a front and Erica doesn't have to be a werewolf to know that Boyd is pissed. Then again Erica seems to be able to read him easier than the others can.

Alison expression goes through a multitude of emotions, too fast to pick out and identify, but she settles on anger. 

"My Grandfather manipulated me, my Mom had just died! I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be accountable for my actions." Erica hates people who get defensive right away, but she takes a slow breath.

"So who are we to blame? Your Grandfather? If you aren't accountable for your actions then who is?" Erica questions calmly, emphasizing 'your.' Boyd stills beside her, he knows that when she's deadly calm like this, she's really pissed off.

Alison turns an ugly shade of red, she looks furious, but so is Erica. Alison may be a hunter, but Erica isn't bad in a fight, wolfs bane or not.

"That's not the point! Even if I hadn't just lost my Mom, what was I supposed to do to stop them?" Alison explodes, and Erica can see Stiles' raised eyebrow in the corner of her eye. His full attention is on the situation now, but he's letting Erica and Boyd handle it.

"Calling the police is a good start." Boyd responds blandly, and Alison scoffs. 

"You don't understand. We're a family of hunters, we don't involved the police." It's Erica's turn to scoff. 

"Oh, that's right, you just attack innocent wolves, and torture them. Remind me to never trust an Argent again." Erica furiously states, lips curling in her distaste and Boyd has to turn his head away from the two to hide his laugh. Erica can tell just by the way he shifts his head, and places a hand over his mouth.

Erica smirks openly at Alison who is gaping at them, and like a switch being flipped Alison launches herself across the coffee table separating them, and at the same time she's reaching for something in her boot. Erica is expecting the attack, but she isn't expecting Alison to stab her first without any threats or warnings.

The wolfs bane burns Erica's shoulder, but she doesn't make a sound to the pain, she won't give Alison the satisfaction.

"See, I told you." Erica grins, Alison opens her mouth to retort, but she's cut off.

"ALISON!" Stiles roars, and that's what it is, an honest to god roar. None of the Betas are effected because it's not directed at them, but Erica sees Isaac flinch at the sound, and hunch his shoulders.

Alison herself flinches, Erica can feel more than see it, but Batman is pissed and that much she can tell.  Boyd has a furious look on his face, and looks like he wants to shift forward and shove Alison away from her, but Stiles presence fills the room and stills everyone. Derek is holding Stiles' forearm, muttering something to him lowly enough that Erica can't hear, it might not even be words. Derek is either brave or stupid, because Stiles looks murderous. Even Peter looks frozen.

Stiles' eyes are a bright red, and all that murderous intent is focused solely on Alison. Not even Scott interferes to help her, or calm the situation. Stiles glares at Derek, and growls at him to let go now. It's terrifying, Derek must think so too, because he lets go immediately. Stiles stalks forward and grabs Alison's bicep, he yanks her upward so hard Alison whimpers.

Stiles scans Erica's body, and his eyes flare brighter at the knife in her shoulder. He inhales, and his furious aura spreads further as he obviously smells the wolfs bane the blade had been dipped in. Erica has never seen Batman this angry, she's seen spats with Scott where he'd been annoyed, but angry like this is something that she thinks none of them have seen before.

It's absolutely terrifying.