Chapter 16

Stiles screams and thrashes for a good 20 minutes, and the whole time no one really knows what to do. Peter keeps his hold on Stiles forearms, putting his weight on Stiles so he can't throw Peter off. Derek keeps Stiles' legs pinned, even as they squirm under his grip, wanting to kick and move.

When Stiles stops screaming, they all take a moment to breath. He is not in anyway fine. Derek wonders if maybe they should bring him in to get X-rays done, but he's not sure Peter will let Stiles leave the loft. Perhaps after that episode he will.

Stiles bolts upright suddenly, he's eyes are a lighter colour than normal, still honey brown, but more goldish. He's muttering something in what sounds like Latin, but he doesn't seem to even be awake, or really himself.

"Stiles?" Scott questions taking a step forward. Stiles' eyes glow brighter as his head whips around to face Scott.

"Hoc non est iustum." Stiles mutters, and his eyes flash a bright silver. Scott goes sailing through the air and hits the wall that Peter had been pinning him to before, the wall cracks under Scott's weight leaving a huge indent in the plaster.

"Hoc non est iustum, Hoc non est iustum." Stiles states in distress. Derek briefly took Latin in high school, Peter turns an eye on him, waiting for him to translate.

"He's saying that 'this isn't right.'" Derek translates, Peter's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Ubi es." Stiles begins to look around, the silver eyes are still very present.

Derek's eyes widen, this is the witch, she's looking through Stiles' eyes. She's trying to find him. Derek rushes forward while Stiles is turned away and knocks him out, Peter snarls at him, and Derek catches Stiles and gently places him back on the couch.

"What the hell Derek!" Peter growls, Derek doesn't look at him. a million thoughts are running through his head. Is the witch doing something to Stiles? Did she connect herself to Stiles somehow? Is that why Stiles keeps burning up?

"Derek!" Peter yells, smacking him upside the head. Derek winces and glares up at his Uncle. Only to shrink back at the fire in his eyes.

"What the hell did you do that for?!" He snarls, and Derek flinches.

"That wasn't Stiles, the witch was looking through his eyes. She was trying to figure out where he was. The last phrase that Stiles said was 'where are you.'" Derek explains. "She must've connected herself to Stiles in some way, or she knows about his spark, you know the stories of witches kidnapping sparks to use their power." Derek stresses, and Peter nods in understanding.

"Well next time why don't we just blindfold the kid." Noah questions, hand against his chest. Trying to calm his heart that's slamming against his rib cage with anxiety from watching his kid mutter Latin, that Stiles definitely didn't take in his years at BHHS.

Derek blinks at the Sheriff, and then glances over at Scott. He's sitting on the floor gasping for air, Derek rolls his eyes at the sight of him. Scott really should've stayed put, Derek doesn't know why the witch attacked him though, or why Stiles' eyes turned a bright silver when he sent Scott flying. 

Nothing makes sense to Derek at the minute and he thinks maybe they should take Stiles to the hospital and then check with Deaton. Maybe he'll know if there's a way a witch can connect with a spark, or explain what the hell is going on with Stiles.

______

When Stiles wakes again it's cause he's screaming in pain, his body feels like it's on fire with knives stabbing at his nerves. Stiles isn't sure what's happening, but he can feel both Peter and Derek holding him down, his chest stings from his nails digging into the skin, he can hear his Dad screaming his name, but he isn't able to stop screaming.

It hurts so badly, when he stops screaming his throat burns and then he bolts upright. But it's not really him, it's like he's being pushed to the back of his mind, and Stiles begins to panic. Thoughts of the Nogitsune come back, being unable to control his own body, his words and actions. Killing people as he sat back and watched it happened not able to do anything but scream.

When he sends Scott flying he has a flash of a sword through Scott's stomach and the Nogitsune feeding off all the pain Scott took and is in. He's terrified that it will be just like the Nogitsune, he fights, screams in his mind, but nothing changes. He doesn't regain control back. 

When Derek knocks him out, Stiles wishes he could reach up and kiss him he's so happy. Stiles gains him control of his body again, and he's able to breathe again. He slowly loses consciousness again, but he doesn't mind it too much, there's less pain.

______

Derek places a cool cloth back on Stiles' burning forehead and turns to Peter, Peter is staring at Stiles with an unreadable expression.

"Peter," Derek murmurs, Peter flicks his gaze over to him. "I think we need to take him to get X-rays there might be something wrong." Derek keeps his gaze steady the whole time, while Peter's gaze hardens.

Noah glances between the two. "Peter I know you want to stay close to Stiles, I understand more than you think, but you can still do that at a hospital. Stiles needs to see a doctor, and Melissa doesn't count, she didn't have the right equipment." Noah tells him firmly, rubbing his temples harshly.

Peter nods, eyes focused on Stiles' prone form. He glances at the two of them and sighs.

"Yeah, I think we should take him." Peter doesn't sound happy about it, he probably hates hospitals after being stuck in one for so long. 

Derek smiles softly, glad that his Uncle is listening to reason. Derek gently picks Stiles up and walks to the door, Peter follows and opens the door for Derek to get out. Stiles squirms away from him a bit, a thin sheen of sweat clinging to his person, Derek wonders if even his body heat is too much for Stiles.

_____

When they get to the hospital, the nurses take him from Derek's arms and take him immediately to the X-ray room, they look at them  all funny. They're probably wondering why it took them so long to bring Stiles to them, considering how high his fever is, and how horrible he looks.

When they are done X-raying him, they bring him to a room. They're all allowed to go in and see him, when the doctor comes back in to tell them about the X-rays, he doesn't look too concerned. Noah seems the most calm, and Peter looks like he wants to bolt out the door.

"Good evening gentlemen. What is your relation to the patient?" The doctor questions, Noah almost rolls his eyes, everyone knows Stiles is his son.

"I'm his Father, and these two are family friends." Noah replies smoothly, and the doctor glances around the room quickly before eyeing the chart in his hand.

"Well, Mr. Stilinski are you comfortable with me talking about your son's condition in front of them?" The doctor doesn't look up from the chart he's reading.

"Yes, it's fine. Now is my son okay?" Noah responds impatiently.

"Yes. Mieczyslaw, doesn't have any broken bones. Although we'd like to keep him overnight to monitor his fever." The doctor explains, he doesn't say Stiles' first name right and Noah sighs quietly. "It's quite high, and it doesn't seem to be going down." Noah eyes his son worriedly.

The doctor leaves shortly after that, and no one talks for a long while. Peter and Derek glance at each other with a knowing smile.

"Stiles' first name is Mieczyslaw?" Peter laughs, his pronunciation is accurate. Derek looks bewildered at the very thought.