Chapter 37

The process doesn't take that long, Scott removes his hands from Stiles' and flashes golden eyes at him. Stiles can still feel the warmth, and comfort the spark seems to be giving him. He let's the wolf make his eyes bleed red at Scott in return, and watches as Scott inhales sharply, freezing. Stiles hears a rustle and looks over to see Derek fidgeting with his hands.

Stiles can hear heartbeats, everyone's heartbeats. It's such a weird feeling, he can hear a rabbit scurry through the bushes, away from the humans and werewolves standing around the clearing. He can hear a deer far off, walking through the trees, stopping to eat some grass. Stiles smiles, it's kind of a cool feeling, being able to hear everything.

He inhales, and the grass, trees, and bushes around him smell stronger. He can tell that the bush beside them, once had blueberries growing off it. Stiles can smell Peter and Derek, and the wolf, his wolf, rumbles happily. He thinks, pack, safety, and home when he smell the two Hales. Stiles can smell Scott, but while he's thinking brother, his wolf snarls and recoils from him.

His wolf doesn't like Scott, feels rejected, not valued. Stiles almost bares his blunt, human teeth at the last thought, he knows how it feels to be rejected and undervalued by Scott. So, he doesn't feel as badly as he would've in the past that his wolf doesn't like Scott.

"Stiles?" Peter questions, and he sounds worried. Stiles realizes that his eyes are closed and he's just been listening to, and scenting the air around him.

"It worked, Peter," Stiles breaths, and turns to face both Peter and Derek. "I can hear things that human ears shouldn't be hearing. Smell things I couldn't a couple minutes ago." Stiles is awestruck, and he can tell that his wonder pleases his wolf.

"Can you change your eye colour?" Derek asks softly, and Stiles nods. He allows the wolf to change his eye colour, and watches as both the wolves in front of him inhale sharply.

It's different to how Scott inhaled, more awe than caution, it eases something in Stiles' chest he didn't know he was holding on to. Stiles smiles at Peter and Derek fondly, they both have matching expressions, of wonder. His wolf rumbles in pleasure at the thought, Stiles can tell that the wolf considers them both his Betas already, it makes Stiles happy.

"Beautiful." Derek mutters, and Peter starts to laugh, which causes Derek to turn a light shade of pink, turning his head away from both Peter and Stiles. Stiles can feel his own skin heat up at the comment, which makes Peter double over with laughter.

"Oh, you two are gonna kill me, just get together already," Peter laughs, straightening up and wiping a stray tear from his eye. At both Stiles, and Derek's startled looks he sighs. "I mean, it's obvious that you guys want each other, so just go for it." Peter shrugs.

If Stiles wasn't blushing before he is now, he sends Peter a glare even though there's no heat behind it. His wolf starts rumbling all of a sudden, but it sounds more like a warning. Stiles scans the area around him, and can't see anything the amiss.

"Watch out!" Liam calls, and Stiles whips around in time to see a random wolf lunge in Peter and Derek's direction, claws out and teeth bared.

Stiles knows they would be able to take a little swipe of claws, but he's protective instincts and he shoves Peter into Derek, causing them both to stumble to the side. The wolf's claws don't find skin, but they swipe right next to Stiles' ear. His wolf snarls, which makes him bare his teeth at the other wolf, even if they're blunt, human teeth.

"All I want is the spark, boy." The wolf growls, and Stiles narrows his eyes.

"Over my dead body." Stiles taunts, and the wolf smirks, cruel and cold.

"That can be arranged." The wolf grins, and Stiles can feel the wolf inside him raise at the threat.

The wolf lunges at him, and Stiles spins away from him, smirking when the wolf snarls. He feels faster, lighter on his toes, and he knows the wolf in front of him is going to lose one way or another. Stiles can feel the worry of both his Betas through their pack bond, but he sends his reassurances through the bond, not that it helps much.

They circle each other for a second, Stiles is relying mostly on his wolf, he can tell that it will guide him, move him if necessary. He gives it that control, his eyes bleed red, and the wolf in front of him bares his teeth at Stiles. The wolf in front of him is running mostly on emotion, desperation and anger at not being able to take down a mere human. 

Stiles can use that desperation, make him think he's going to get a good swipe in, maybe let him get a swipe in and then it leaves him open. Stiles will be able to wrap his arms around the other wolf's neck, and threaten to snap it if he doesn't back down. Stiles thinks it could work, but he can't underestimate the wolf, the swipe will be deep, and it will hurt like hell.

Stiles decides as the wolf lunges at him to let it play out, Stiles doesn't dodge the claws this time, let's them swipe at his shoulder, and hit the mark. Stiles doesn't let the wolf gloat over it, he dodges the next claw swipe, and ducks under the wolf to get behind him. It works perfectly, and Stiles wraps his arms around the wolf's neck, it's going too smoothly. 

"Stop, or I'll snap your neck." Stiles growls, and he puts more pressure into his hold to get his point across.

"You're too weak, too human to snap my neck." The wolf grins sharply, and he sticks his claws right into Stiles' arm, pulling Stiles over his shoulder and then trying to pin Stiles to the ground. 

Stiles snarls, and it sounds so animalistic that the wolf above him startles, it's enough to let Stiles thrash around and bite the guys arm hard enough to draw blood when he reaches out to hold him back.

"I will tear your throat out with my teeth, if I have to." Stiles declares, and the wolf stares at him uneasily for a second. 

The other wolf decides to go right in for the attack again, and Stiles is just getting tired of this already. He's given this wolf enough warnings, and he disregarded them, he's fair game now. Stiles fights harder, more strength behind each blow he delivers, he stops holding the wolf back, and grins when he delivers a hard punch to the jaw that sends the wolf sprawling across the forest floor.

The wolf doesn't get back up, and Stiles grins a little ferally, he turns his back on the wolf, and watches as the other female wolf runs to him to check on him. Stiles grins at his pack and only one things comes to his mind to say, and he finds it too funny not to say.

"I'm the Alpha now." It surprises a laugh out of everyone, so Stiles is pretty sure it was the right thing to say.