Chapter 6

Derek regains his speech back slowly, Stiles and Peter help him, although there's always a word he struggles over and then gets frustrated and sulks. He's doing better though, and he knows how to say most of the packs' names. Derek still doesn't like people getting too close to Stiles or Peter, so they told the others to come over as the spell started wearing off, or after the spell wore off.

"Derek, Peter!" Stiles shouts from the kitchen. "Suppers done." Stiles hums and sways his hips as he plates their food.

"My Mother use to do that." Derek says and Stiles jumps with a small scream. He places his hand over his thundering heartbeat and takes deep breaths.

"Did you give her heart attacks when coming into the kitchen too?" Stiles replies and Derek smiles, Stiles realizes that was the first sentence Derek's said since regaining the ability to speak. It's mostly been broken sentences till now.

"Peter!" Stiles shrieks and Derek winces at the volume. Peter comes running into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" He demands and Stiles shrieks again, jumping up and down.

"Derek made a sentence." Peter sighs while Derek huffs. Peter smiles fondly at Stiles, watching as he jumps up and down in excitement. Peter can feel their happiness through their pack bonds, he loves having pack bonds again, especially with Derek. He never thought he would get to be a part of his pack after Laura.

"That's great!" Peter replies with a smile at both of them. Stiles stops jumping around and grins.

"Alright, time to eat." Stiles says with a fond smile. He places all three plates on the table and then reaches over and wraps his hand around the back of Derek's neck and squeezes it, leaving his scent there. When Stiles lets go of Derek, he turns to Peter and curls his hand around his wrist, rubbing his thumb along the pulse point.

They scent mark Stiles' back and then they all dig into their food, Stiles is an amazing cook and Peter's told him such. It always causes Stiles to flush adorably and mutter a thank you, with light amber eyes staring at him with crinkles in the corners. It makes Peter's pack bond tingle pleasantly and Derek always shoots him an amused look, which causes Peter to bare his teeth at him. They're happy and Peter, and Derek for that matter, never thought they would be able to be happy.

They love their little pack, and it might not be known but they all love it nonetheless. Derek's slowly turning back human, and with actual pack bonds, it goes a bit faster than it would've if they were still close with Scott's pack. Stiles is still angry and hasn't talked to Scott in a while, not like he even notices and that's what hurts Stiles the most.

He ignores that thought and focuses on the bonds he can feel in his chest, glowing brightly and making him a lot happier. They always know when he's upset and it is mostly because of their pack bond. Stiles sometimes wonders if this bond is just a temporary thing and soon they'll throw him away just like Scott did and still does.

Stiles looks up at the two sitting in front of him eating and saying how good it is and how much they want him to cook every night. Stiles allows a small smile onto his face, at least these two are talking and have a pack bond again, and he knows just by looking at the two of them, that this pack means as much to them as it does to him.

Peter shivers at the intense feelings of love and relief coming from Stiles' pack bond, this is what pack should feel like, McCall and his "pack" don't understand what pack is and never will. They all need to feel pack bonds, scent each other, and comfort each other. Peter's one regret is biting that little runt, and Laura, but that wasn't his fault. Stiles always tries to reassure him of that and says how Laura should've been a better Alpha, no matter her age.

She could've stayed and grieved with her remaining family. He sends the same feelings through the pack bond and can see Stiles and Derek shoot him a surprised look, he flushes and smiles softly at the two of them. Stiles jumps up and tackles Peter in a hug, Derek comes and wraps both of them in a hug, and Peter realizes that is the first time he's sent his feelings to them.

He laughs and hugs them both back, scenting them and nipping playfully at Derek. Derek growls softly at him and Peter smirks, reminded of before the fire when they would play fight in the woods with all the younger children. Derek must think the same thing because Peter can feel Derek's emotions through the bond, sadness, but also happiness, a longing to be back there again. Stiles sends his emotions through the bond, a wave of love and reassurance.

The Hales shoot Stiles a smile and a grateful look. Stiles sighs and then ruffles Derek's hair, and then Peter, tells them to get eating. Peter and Derek exchange an eye roll and Stiles laughs at them for it, Derek loves this new pack with all of his heart.

They talk in between bites and Derek can contribute to the conversation all he needed was to make a sentence and then he regained his speech, which Stiles finds weird, but he doesn't say anything about it.

__________

Stiles has been staying in the loft more lately, closer to both of the Hales. He takes the guest room, and most of the time he wakes up with either two werewolf heaters on either side of him or just Derek on one side of him. He still can't seem to sleep without Stiles beside him, Stiles can hear his pace in his room until he comes into Stiles'. Peter too can't seem to sleep without both of them, but he's less obvious about it.

There's a knock at his door, he mutters 'come in,' and Derek comes in, he's carrying a pillow and he looks nervous. Stiles smiles at him and sends reassurance through the pack bond.

"What's up Derek?" Stiles asks and Derek rubs the back of his neck, avoiding Stiles' eyes.

"Can I sleep in here with you tonight?" Derek's voice is so quiet that Stiles leans closer to him so he's able to hear what he's saying.

"Yeah, of course," Stiles replies with an easy smile, Derek relaxes and shuffles into the room.

Stiles lets Derek get comfortable in the bed before he turns the light off and carefully makes his way to the bed, crawling over Derek. Stiles faces Derek and closes his eyes, body relaxing as soon as he lies down. He doesn't comment on the fact that Derek purposely chooses not to lie by the wall. He can feel Derek staring at him.

"What?" Stiles inquires and peeks at Derek, Derek flushes, but it's dark enough that Stiles can't tell, although he can feel the embarrassment through the bond.

"Nothing, I'm just happy to be able to feel a pack bond again." Derek confesses with a smile.

Stiles grins and loves that he can give the Hale men a second chance at having a pack, although he's not sure who the Alpha spark will go to, or if the pack will choose to join them, that's for another day. As Peter says, he needs his beauty rest.