Chapter 32

Stiles knows he can do this, knows that Peter and Derek believe in him. Of course that's enough, but Stiles still worries, and he wishes he didn't. Peter had said that it would make him a better Alpha though, and Derek had nodded with a smile. Stiles was inclined to believe them, even if he knew he worried a bit too much.

"Ready, Stiles?" Derek asks, and Stiles turns to him and grins.

"I was born ready," Derek and Peter laugh, genuinely so Stiles considers it a win. "Also, I think before we start the transfer that I'm going to need to chat with the pack for a second. Explain how I will become the  Alpha, and how it will be different, a lot different from Scott." Stiles blurts, and Peter smirks.

"I would expect nothing less," Peter says smugly. "After all, you are our clever fox." Stiles will never admit, never in a billion years, that he flushes at the statement.

"Why a fox?" Derek questions thoughtfully tapping his chin.

"Because dear Nephew of mine, foxes tend to be very clever and cunning, just like our Stiles here." Peter smirks and Stiles definetly flushes a little, Peter's smirk widening at the sight.

"Ugh, enough of that. Just, go." Stiles gestures for them to head out, leaving Derek no room to reply to Peter. Stiles is very much still flustered, even when they get outside.

"Are we taking the Jeep?" Peter questions, and Stiles sideyes him.

"Well, we aren't walking." Stiles grins at Peter's fond eye roll. Stiles nudges Derek with his shoulder to look up and see Derek smiling. 

A true, genuine smile. 

Stiles stares at Derek, and feels flustered for a whole new reason. Ugh, why is Derek so hot. Wait what? Stiles stares ahead and blanks out for a second. He knows he's attracted to Derek, the guy's hot as shit, who wouldn't be. But, does Stiles like Derek? Have feelings for him that are more than friendship, or packship? Is packship even a thing? What the hell do they call it?

Stiles doesn't want to look too much into it right now, something to think about later, once they're all out of this mess. Stiles still wonders how this will all work out, and if these mysterious, stalking wolves will actually show up. 

If they do, Stiles wonders what they'll be like and what they want the Alpha spark for. Stiles gets into the Jeep, and laughs at the expression Peter makes at having to sit in the back seat, Derek's smirking which makes it funnier. Stiles starts the car and begins to drive to their meeting place with Scott and his pack.

____________________________

When Stiles, Peter, and Derek get to the meeting place, Stiles can feel his nerves skyrocket. Peter and Derek try to comfort him, they scent mark him and just stick close to him. Supporting him, and Stiles is reminded how great his Betas are.

Everyone is there when they get there, and none of them look hostile, but none of them look thrilled either. Jackson looks like he doesn't even want to be there, and Stiles wonders how they'll be with actual pack bonds together. Seeing as Stiles will be in a position of power over Jackson, Stiles has a feeling he might be a bit bitter about it, they can't have a relationship like that. They can't be pack like that.

Liam was the only one turned by Scott, and he's obviously pouting a bit, but Stiles knows he views Stiles almost in the same way as Scott if not a bit more. Scott did end up calling Stiles when he bit Liam, and Stiles took care of Liam in a way Scott sort of didn't. Stiles thinks all things considered they might actually become closer.

Isaac is like a puppy around Scott, and a sarcastic little shit around everyone else. Stiles has a feeling he's going to like Isaac a lot more after this, that is if Isaac will accept him. He did idolize and trust Scott, that trust didn't extend to Stiles, no matter how much Scott trusted Stiles. Although, Stiles can see them working fine together, and Stiles might be able to help with better anchors for the wolves.

Erica is close enough to him already that Stiles can't see any real problems occuring, Derek was the one who bit her, Boyd, and Isaac. Reconnecting that bond, might be good for all of them, as for Stiles' bond with her, he sees it going in a good direction.

Boyd is stoic and doesn't seem to trust easily, there hasn't been a problem between them, but Stiles isn't sure if he's trusted. His Betas need to be able to trust him, and rely on him. Stiles hopes that Boyd will accept him, because he isn't a bad guy, and Stiles might even like him a little bit.

As for Lydia, Stiles is pretty sure she doesn't have any problem with this. She knows how bad of an Alpha Scott was, how badly he treated his pack. Even if he didn't have a good idea of what an Alpha was, but he never sought the information either, because he let the power get to his head.

Kira is sweet, and her relationship with Scott makes it easy enough to know she won't be too upset with the situation, considering Scott already accepted it. Stiles doesn't think there will be any problems there, but he needs to do more research into pack bonds, and being able to form them among the whole pack. Stiles wants everyone, including humans, to feel the pack bonds.

Speaking of humans, Stiles doesn't think Mason will be a problem either. He's a lot like Stiles used to be, he'll follow Liam wherever he goes. Having another human in the pack will be reassuring to Stiles, he isn't sure why he thinks that. Alison is also human, but Stiles isn't too sure about her.

Scott is another story altogether, Stiles has a feeling that he'll try to take control, try to tell Stiles how to things. He won't recognize Stiles as an Alpha, and that could be a problem, Stiles will not let any threats run around his territory willy nilly, they will either stop whatever they're doing in their territory, or they'll die. Scott is too black and white, he won't understand, he won't accept that, he won't accept killing, no matter what.

Alison is a problem in herself, she's not a bad person, but Stiles knows for a fact that Erica, and Boyd have a problem with her. Stiles will make sure to resolve it, but for now he isn't really sure how, telling feelings on the matter won't fix anything, but maybe getting both sides of the story. Peter will also have a problem with Alison, because of her family and what they've done. Stiles himself doesn't partially trust her.

When he looks at her, he sees her turning her back on him will he feels fists inflicting pain and bruises. He thinks of Erica and Boyd hooked up to electrical currents, and watching them being shock, all while Alison sat upstairs and sips her tea without a care in the world. Alison is the only real problem, Stiles will have to figure out what to do about her.