Chapter 57

They eat breakfast peacefully, Erica is awake and says she feels fine. Stiles wants her to stay the night at the loft again just to be sure, that way they're around if something does happen and they can figure it out.

Stiles feels a little bad for not being around his house as much, he has been bringing his Dad some lunches, or dinners occasionally, so they do see each other every once in awhile. But Stiles' Dad is probably getting lonely, than again he's been working so much that when he is home he's sleeping, or relaxing. His Dad has also been checking in, calling him and making sure he's doing okay.

The Sheriff is probably glad he's staying with Derek and Peter, that way he isn't lonely at the house.

Stiles also might not have told his Dad about his relationship with Derek, if they can call it that. Stiles isn't too sure what they are, they never really talked about it. Stiles isn't too sure he wants to label it either, what they have is new and well nice. Stiles doesn't want to ruin that with a label. A part of Stiles is worried Derek only feels like this because his wolf latched onto him when Derek went feral, Stiles doesn't think that's right though.

"What's got you thinking so hard?" Erica raises an eyebrow at him to go with her question, Stiles smiles at her.

"Nothing, just thinking is all." Stiles responds, and Erica's eyebrow raises higher, Stiles doesn't get  how she does that, he should get her to teach him.

"I can hear you thinking from across the room." Peter shouts from the living room, Stiles squawks and can he hear Peter laugh. Erica stifles a smile in her hand, coughing to cover it up.

Stiles glares at her without heat this causes her to laugh loudly, Stiles smiles at her. He's glad she's feeling better. He was so worried that the wolfsbane would reach her heart before they could stop it, he's glad she's okay.

"Oh my god, Batman!" Erica exclaims causing Stiles to jump, "Would you quit thinking so much, just enjoy the moment." Erica smiles fondly at him, Stiles decides to just stick his tongue out at her, which causes her to laugh again. 

Stiles stuffs his faces full of eggs, grumbling while he does it, laughter erupts across the table and Stiles scowls at all of them. Stiles elbows Derek's side seeing as he's the closest, which makes Derek laugh a little harder. Stiles realises he's never really heard Derek laugh like this before, Stiles has a sudden urge to kiss him. 

Instead he stares at Derek intently trying to remember if he's ever heard Derek laugh, like ever. He does lean over and kiss Derek's cheek when he gets up to grab himself some water, Derek's laughter is cut off with an abrupt choking noise and Stiles can't help the small snicker that escapes him. Everyone else laughs with him while Derek's ears turn pink, Stiles really wants to kiss him. 

__________________

Stiles does kiss him, when everyone's left the kitchen and Derek's helping Stiles do the dishes he backs him against the counter and kisses him. Derek makes a noise of surprise before grinning and letting Stiles deepen the kiss, he pushes his tongue into Derek's mouth and nips at his bottom lip gently. 

They stand there and kiss for awhile before Stiles starts to pull away, Derek chases after his lips for a second before opening his eyes and grinning. Stiles smirks and then turns toward the sink to resume washing the dishes.

"What was that for?" Derek questions, although he doesn't sound like he's complaining. 

"No particular reason, I just wanted to kiss you." Stiles responds with a mischievous smile, Derek smiles softly in return. 

Stiles continues to wash the dishes and handing them off to Derek to dry them. They're quiet for awhile, Stiles wonders if maybe he should talk to Derek about telling his Dad about their relationship. He wonders if Derek would be nervous, or not want to tell his Dad at all. Stiles shakes his head, they can cross that bridge when they get to it, worrying over it isn't going to do anything.  

Stiles turns slightly to Derek and tilts his head. "When do you think we should try letting everyone talk to each other again?" Stiles asks, Derek tilts his head. 

"I'm not sure, maybe we should ask everyone else?" Derek suggests, Stiles nods.

"Probably, that's probably for the best." Stiles sighs, he's not sure if they should even try anytime soon, Stiles doesn't want to have to deal with anymore outbursts. Plus waiting a little while is probably a good idea.

"Hopefully nothing else exciting happens during these conversations." Derek says like he's reading Stiles' mind. 

"Exciting?" Stiles echoes with a laugh, "That was not exciting, I was really worried actually." Stiles confesses. 

Derek's expression softens, "I was too, I honestly thought you were going to kill Alison." Derek admits, Stiles turns to Derek slightly.

"I thought about it, but I was more worried about making sure Erica was okay and that the wolfsbane didn't reach her heart and kill her." Stiles replies with a wince. "Probably not the best idea to murder anyone in front of Scott anyways, he wouldn't go along with the story we came up with." Stiles jokes, Derek huffs a laugh.

"Well for the record we'd go along with it, I could've always knocked him out, said he fainted or something." Peter says as he enters the kitchen, Stiles turns a smile to him while passing Derek a cup to dry.

"Of course you would Creeper Wolf, you'd take any chance to hit Scott." Stiles teases and maybe it should bother him more, that Peter wants to hit Scott, but the wolf inside him is swaying him to want to hit Scott himself. 

Peter laughs, "I can't really deny that, or I'd be lying." Stiles grins at him, while his wolf purrs softly, pleased that Peter doesn't want to lie to him.

___________________

They spend the afternoon in the woods by the loft, Stiles calls the pack members that weren't at the loft to come over and met them there. Issac, Boyd, and Erica are rough housing as they usually do. Stiles watches over them all with his ears trained on their surroundings, listening for the others, but also for danger. 

Stiles hears the rest of the pack as they come into the woods, can hear them playfully shoving each other and joking. Stiles huffs a laugh when he hears Lydia's sigh and mutter of how  rambunctious pups are. 

Stiles sighs contently, they have a lot of work to do but this pack is coming together and Stiles is happy. Isaac jumps at him when he's not paying attention and manages to get him on his back, Stiles' wolf doesn't feel threatened and just growls playfully.

Stiles has a good feeling about this pack, these people.