Chapter 46

Stiles goes to the hotel Misha told him they were staying at, and wonders how Lucas is doing. He's sure to have healed by now, he is a wolf after all. Stiles' wolf brushes against his mind reassuringly, telling him that even if it's only been two days, Lucas should be mostly healed by now. That even though he has the spark of an Alpha, he isn't really an Alpha wolf.

Stiles frowns, and wonders how that works, but decides he's going to talk to his wolf about it later. Right now, he's got some pressing business to attend to, well maybe it's not pressing. It is important though. Stiles thinks so anyways, even if his wolf argues that he shouldn't be helping these wolves anyways.

Stiles finds they're room fairly quickly, knocks on the door, and sticks his hands in his pockets. Lucas is the one who opens the door, and he shoots Stiles a look of annoyance, flashes his eyes. But Stiles just smiles pleasantly, keeping his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, I was hoping I could talk to you both real quick." Stiles states, and smiles again. "I talked to the Alpha of the neighbouring pack. She might be willing to take you both into her pack." Stiles explains, because Lucas doesn't look to keen on letting him in, or talking to him.

Misha shows up behind Lucas and smiles at Stiles a little, Stiles smiles in return. Lucas just shoots him another dirty look. Stiles turns his head from Lucas and can't help but roll his eyes.

"Look, Lucas. I'm sorry about-" Stiles cuts himself off. "Actually, no, I'm no. You tried to kill me and I defended myself, if you're still mad about that, then I'm sorry you've made that choice. But for me, that's all water under the bridge, now can we handle this like adults and discuss what I really came here for?" Stiles questions with a raised brow. Lucas scowls, but nods.

"I assume that this about the Alpha you were gonna introduce us to?" Misha asks politely, small smile on her face.

Stiles nods, "She's agreed to meet with you both. Well, that's really all she's agreed to, she has to talk to her pack about you two joining, but she wants  everyone to meet you first, and you both to meet them. So, after meeting them, you might not get your answer about being in her pack for awhile." Stiles explains, and Misha nods along.

"So when were we supposed to meet them?" Misha inquires, she looks a little nervous already. Lucas sends her a nasty look, Stiles narrow his eyes at him, but turns back to Misha to answer her question.

"Tomorrow afternoon. Seeing as it's a Saturday, some of Satomi's pack still go to school.Of course I'll probably have to take you there, and stay there with you to make sure it goes smoothly, so it's a bonus for me." 

Misha dips her head, in what Stiles assumes is meant to be a respectful gesture.

"We're really grateful you're doing this, Stiles." Misha murmurs, and Stiles shakes his head.

"It's not that big of a deal, we don't want the hunters sniffing around you two." Stiles shrugs, and Lucas stares at him for a minute.

"It's a big deal for us. Because I challenged you, you had every right to kill not only me, but Misha too. The facts that instead your trying to help us find an Alpha, and a home, it's," Lucas trails off with a sigh, running his head through his hair. 

"Ridiculous," Stiles smiles, and Lucas shoots him a look.

"Quite frankly, yes." Lucas eyes Stiles, and Stiles rolls his eyes.

"Well, I think you guys need to hang around a new crowd of people, the ones you hang around seem," Stiles pauses, waving his hand and trying to find the right word. "Mean." He finishes lamely.

Misha bursts into giggles, a hang clutching at her stomach, and Stiles grins. Lucas, on the other hand, looks at her as if she's gone a bit crazy. Stiles thinks that maybe tomorrow won't go over too badly.

________________________

Sometime later, Stiles leaves the cozy little hotel, having worked out the details for tomorrow's meeting with Misha, and Lucas. Stiles reaches along his pack bonds, feeling along them and making sure everyone is okay. Derek reaches out to him automatically when he senses him, Stiles smiles. Derek is curious, but also concerned.

Stiles shoots him a text letting him know everything's fine, and that he's on his way back to the loft. Derek's response is immediate, saying that Peter and him will be waiting. Stiles feels a grin pull at his lips, his Betas are ridiculous. 

Stiles gets into the Jeep, and heads to the loft.

____________________

When Stiles arrives at the loft, he heads up the stairs feeling like he's been away for a long time. Stiles pulls the door open with a small sigh, once Stiles steps into the doorway someone barrels into him. Stiles was not expecting anyone to come rushing at him, giving him an aggressive hug, he stumbles a little, but the person hugging him makes sure they don't fall over.

Stiles wraps his arms around the person, realising that it's Derek who's hugging him. Derek is also scent marking him Stiles realises, he glances over Derek's shoulder to see Peter with a fond expression directed at the two them. Stiles sends Derek a feeling of reassurance through the bond, Derek's emotions are a little erratic. 

Derek pulls back, giving Stiles a sheepish expression. Stiles just grins at him, Derek looks away, cheeks tinting pink.

"He was getting a little restless." Peter drawls from where he's sitting, and Stiles raises an eyebrow at him, watching as Derek's ears turn pink.

"Was he now?" Stiles questions teasingly, and Derek actually sends him a pout.

"Of course I was, you've barely been home." Derek whines, and Stiles smiles.

"Well, I'm just in time to make dinner aren't I?" Stiles winks, and Peter grins.

Peter, Stiles realises, is a little obsessed with his cooking. When Stiles is cooking Peter is always around hovering somewhere, waiting to be able to eat, and drooling. Stiles finds it hilarious, and he smirks at Peter's grin.

"You can both help." Peter groans, and Stiles' smirk widens.