Chapter 10

Peter wakes up in the same position that he fell asleep in, Stiles is still there, but Derek isn't beside Stiles anymore. Peter doesn't really want to move, his nightmare was terrifying and he still had a weird feeling that Stiles was going to leave him. Even though Stiles had shown that he wouldn't ever do something like that, he might be a little shit, but he wasn't an asshole. At least not to the people he loved anyway.

Stiles stirs a bit and then shifts, he turns into Peter placing his head under Peter's chin with a content sigh. Peter smiles softly at the sleeping boy, for some reason Peter felt safest when Stiles was around, he wonders if its possible for humans to become Alpha's without changing into a werewolf. Peter decides that he should research it and find out, Stiles would make a really good Alpha, he already acts like theirs without even realizing it.

Peter focuses his hearing to find Derek in the kitchen, he's making something, Peter can smell it, although he can't identify what it is. It also smells like it's burning, Peter should probably go make sure he's not going to burn the house down. Peter goes to get up, but Stiles has an arm around his waist and when he goes to move from the bed, his arm tightens. Stiles groans softly and nuzzles under Peter's chin.

Peter smiles down at Stiles softly and then quickly slips out of Stiles' grasp. Derek doesn't seem to know what he's doing when cooking, which is why he always has menus for different Chinese places lying around the loft. Peter goes into the kitchen and finds Derek staring at a pan on the stove with blue wolf eyes, Peter watches him for a second, he's frowning at the pan like he doesn't know how to use it.

"Derek, what are you making?" Peter questions softly and Derek looks at him, blue eyes fading back into green. 

"French toast. It's Stiles' favorite, but this pan isn't working." Derek sighs and runs a hand through his ebony locks. Peter smiles at him, of course he was making breakfast for Stiles, but Peter frowns when he realizes that Derek doesn't know how to use the pan, or spatula.

"Want me to help?" Derek looks up at him in surprise and Peter just glances around the room waiting for Derek to respond, Derek chuckles softly.

"Yeah, that would be great." Derek's grin is wide.

______

Stiles wakes to an empty bed, he frowns not understanding why he's so cold at first. He feels the spot beside him, it's cold, which means both Peter, and Derek have been up for awhile. Stiles sighs softly, that's when he smells french toast. He stumbles out of the bed and walks into the kitchen, where he can now hear Peter and Derek laughing and talking to each other.

Stiles creeps in quietly and even though they should've heard him, they're having so much fun cooking that they don't see him. Stiles smiles at the sight of Peter and Derek dancing around each other, sometimes splashing water, or batter at each other. They're grinning widely and Stiles smiles softly at them, at least they're getting along with each other.

Stiles feels weird all of a sudden, like he's falling. He blinks hard and when he opens his eyes again Peter and Derek are blurry. Everything goes dark for a second, when he opens his eyes, he's in a house, he doesn't recognize the house, he's never been in this house before. Isn't he in Derek's loft?

Peter and Derek are in a wide kitchen, the counter tops are marble and the stove is bigger than the one in Derek's loft. Peter's tending to the pan on the stove with pancakes in it, and Derek is going through the fridge looking for something. Stiles frowns, where are they right now? 

"Peter, Derek." Stiles calls, but neither of them turn, or even look like they heard him. Stiles walks closer and goes to touch Peter's shoulder, his hand goes right through him.

Stiles rears back, not understanding what just happened. His breath is shaky and he doesn't understand what's happening. He goes to touch Derek, but the same thing happens and Stiles is panicking, why can't he get their attention.

That's when he notices how young both of them look, Derek looks like he did when Kate turned him into his teenager self again, and Peter resembles a man into his twenties. Stiles looks around the house, and that's when it clicks. He's in the Hale house, before it burned down, and this must be a memory. How he's seeing it, he has no idea, maybe something to do with the pack bonds they share, but neither of them said anything about sharing memories with each other.

"How was school today Derek?" Peter asks, his voice sounds the same, but lighter, less snarky. Derek emerges from the fridge with chocolate milk in his hands with a grin.

"It was good, boring, but you know education is important and all." There's a twinkle of mischief in Derek's eyes, Peter seems to pick up on it.

"What kind of trouble did you get into today?" Peter asks with a grin. Derek's eyes light up.

"Why would you ever think I would get in trouble?" Derek gasps faking being hurt, placing a hand over his heart, mouth agape. He grins afterwards and Peter laughs brightly, they begin to fade and Stiles doesn't know what's happening know, but the falling feeling is back.

It feels like he's slammed back into his body and he gasps, was that real? Derek is beside him all of a sudden and Stiles jumps, Peter's in front of him, watching with concern.

"What happened?" Peter questions and Stiles stares at him for a moment, the same Peter he remembers staring at him with soft eyes. Stiles turns to Derek and stares at him for a second and then rubs his eyes aggressively.

"We heard you gasp from the kitchen." Derek states, and Stiles looks at them both.

"This might sound a bit crazy, but is there a way to share you're memories over the pack bond?" Stiles inquires, Derek and Peter exchange a look. 

"Stiles, did you by any chance hit your head?" Derek questions slowly, Stiles narrows his eyes and whacks Derek's arm. 

"Smart ass. I'll take that as a no then." He mutters. "Okay, this is going to sound weird, but humor me and answer truthfully okay?" Peter and Derek nods slowly.

"What is it Stiles?" Peter frowns, and steps forward a bit. 

"Before, before the fire did, did you guys ever cook pancakes in the kitchen after school and work, talk about your days, and then ask what he," Stiles motions to Derek with a thumb, "did in school that got him in trouble?" Stiles has a crease in his brow, not sure what he's saying himself.

Peter and Derek blink, then share a look with each other. They stare at Stiles for a second, no one saying anything, but based on their expressions it was a memory.

"How did you?" Derek trails off to stare at Peter, as if he'd know what was happening.

"I don't know, I just came into the kitchen seen you guys cooking and then all of a sudden I was in the Hale house. Before the fire and I couldn't touch either of you, or get your attention." Stiles shrugs, feeling a bit nervous.

"Fascinating." Peter breathes, and Stiles blinks and then stares at him. "I think we should go consult Deaton." Stiles really hates Deaton, the cryptic bastard.