Chapter 35

"Liam, keep an eye on those two over there." Derek says, and Liam gives him a questioning look, but does as he's told. Peter and Derek make their way over to Stiles and Lydia.

"How's he doing?" Peter inquires, crouching beside Lydia. She stares at him suspiciously for a second before answering.

"I can't tell, after screaming like that he must've been in a lot of pain. He lost consciousness shortly after that, and hasn't so much as twitched since." Lydia explains and Peter reaches over to try and take Stiles' pain.

Peter flinches back from how much there is, and looks at Derek with a bewildered expression. Derek puts his hand on Stiles and begins to take the pain, he flinches just as much as Peter, but if they're able to take enough of his pain he might wake up soon. Stiles will know what they have to do, and he might even know why he's in so much pain, and how to fix it. At least Peter hopes he'll know, because Peter can't stand to see him in pain, and he knows Derek feels the same way.

Peter takes as much pain as he can, but after a while he has to remove his hand. There's too much, and Peter can't take anymore right now. Derek goes a little longer before he has to stop too, Derek looks paler, and he's shaking a little bit, but his gaze stays locked on Stiles. Peter doesn't think he looks any better, he can feel the little tremors that make his hands unsteady.

Scott doesn't seem to be in any pain when Peter glances over at him, and Peter isn't sure what this means. Peter watches Scott for a minute trying to think, could it be that the process was interrupted, and now it's attacking Stiles?

"Scott, did the spark transfer?" Peter questions, and Scott stares at him for a moment.

"No, I can still feel it, but there is some of it missing." Scott answers, rubbing his chest with a confused expression.

"Maybe try and see if you can transfer more of it into Stiles." Lydia suggests, and Scott look doubtful, but he still comes forward.

Scott places his hand on Stiles and focuses on the remains of the Alpha spark, he doesn't feel anything for a second, but then it feels as though its working. Scott nods in Peter's direction, to let him know that it's working. Everyone relaxes a little bit, but Stiles still isn't conscious, and Peter's a little worried about that.

"Why isn't he waking up?" Derek questions, and he looks extremely panicked about it. Peter wonders if Derek can read his mind, or something.

"The process was interrupted, from what we know about transferring the Alpha spark it will only take if it knows for sure that the person it's being transferred to is worthy of it. So, maybe when the process was interrupted the spark wasn't able to complete the transfer, and is there for confused as to whether or not Stiles is a worthy host, and now he's got to like prove himself or something." Mason rambles, and everyone stares at him for a minute.

"I think you're like the only one besides Peter and Derek who actually paid attention to all of that." Isaac states bluntly. Peter rolls his eyes.

"I mean, Stiles and Peter aren't the only ones who do research." Mason shrugs, and Peter shakes his head in amusement. 

"How exactly did you get all of that from research?" Erica inquires with a raised brow, and Mason shrugs.

"Well, we already knew some stuff, so I just dug a little deeper. I mean that was just a theory, like maybe the spark can't figure out if they have good intentions unless it's connected to the person who originally got the spark, so maybe it has to make some sort of test, or something if it's interrupted," Mason's brow furrows and he shrugs again. "Like I said, it's just an idea, I have no idea if that's what's happening." 

______________________

Stiles knows that he's unconscious, but there's a weird light in front of him and he can't tell exactly if he's completely unconscious, or not. He's quite confused as to what's happening, he can feel touches on his skin, but can't reach out and offer comfort to his worried friends. It's a weird feeling, and Stiles doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing, because he knows he should be doing something.

Stiles looks around, looks closer to the light and swears he can make out a figure. It looks like a silhouette of a wolf, a large wolf that looks as though it's baring its teeth at him, Stiles frowns. Before he can wonder what it is doing over there just staring at him, it begins sprinting towards Stiles at full speed, teeth bared and looking very dangerous. Stiles isn't sure what to do, if he's guessing right this has to be Scott's wolf, but the part that is the Alpha in him, so what is the Alpha spark trying to test him?

Stiles stays rooted to the spot, thoughts flying through his head, trying to figure out what to do. The wolf doesn't slow down to allow him time to think though, so Stiles just stays put, wondering if the wolf is actually going to attack him. Does the wolf want to see him fight? If Stiles is right, and this is a test then he knows fighting is off the table, Alpha's are there to protect and look after their packs. 

The only reason an Alpha will fight, is if they're danger themselves, or if one of their packmates are in danger. So, right now Stiles isn't sure if he's actually in danger, and he doesn't want to get hurt, or hurt the wolf. Stiles doesn't have time to think anymore, the wolf pounces and Stiles falls backward with the weight of it, he stills and listens as the wolf just sits above him growling. It doesn't try to take any pieces out of him, so Stiles counts that as a win.

Stiles wonders if Scott went through this process, or if he skipped it because he already had his wolf, and was just adding the spark to it. Stiles slowly bares his throat to the wolf, and watches as the wolf tilts its head at him, the wolf looks confused, as though it was expecting resistance. So, Scott wasn't very close to his wolf, didn't understand it the way he should, kept trying to reject it.

Scott fought the Alpha spark at first, and the Alpha spark fought back, which would explain Scott's lack of control after getting the spark. How easily he'd flash he's eyes at the slightest annoyance, or how he'd flash a fang when being challenged. He might like the extra power, but Scott didn't want the Alpha spark, and Stiles' thinks as the wolf leans down to his neck to rub against him, in a very scent marking fashion, the Alpha spark doesn't want to stay with Scott either.

The wolf rumbles in pleasure and there's a large flash of light and a warm feeling as Stiles feels his consciousness return to him. He didn't think it would be that easy, but Scott has seriously rejected the Alpha spark, Stiles will make sure to make up for that with lots of affection, Stiles smiles at the pleased rumble at the idea of affection.