Chapter 63

The pack heads home after an eventful day with Satomi's pack, Isaac had eventually began talking with a quieter boy that stuck to the sidelines but hovered around his brother's general location. His name is Luke and from what Stiles heard they hit it off really well. Stiles is very pleased with the afternoon and says they should all take a break from the heavy stuff and just watch a movie at the loft. He does ask Derek first before broadcasting the idea to everyone, Derek is more than happy to host.

Stiles decides he should talk to Derek about what their relationship really is and make sure they're on the same page. It may not seem like the biggest problem on the table, but Stiles likes to have all his ducks in a row. He'll wait until the pack leaves tonight, but for now he'll enjoy the movie with the others and the closeness with his pack.

They decide to watch Star Wars because Stiles will be damned before he lets his pack miss out on the best movies ever.

_______________________________

"Hey Derek, can we talk for a second?" Stiles asks, and Derek's heart skips a beat. Has he done something wrong? Or is this about something pack related, is Stiles going to break up with him?

"Yeah, sure." Derek responds, slamming all the walls between his emotions and the pack bonds.

"Cool," Stiles clears his throat and fiddles with his hands, not meeting Derek's eyes, Derek feels a pit form in his stomach. "I just wanted to ask you something really, and you don't have to know for sure, or commit to anything yet, but I want to make sure we're on the same page is all." Stiles rambles, moving his hands around.

"Stiles, what is it?" Derek asks softly taking a seat beside him and gently taking his hands. Derek knows Stiles only rambles like this when he's nervous about something.

"Well, we've never really talked about what we are to each other, like I know we love each other and everything but," Stiles starts and swallows nervously. "I was just wondering what we are to each other." Stiles finishes lamely, Derek feels such affection for this silly human.

"Well, we've established that we love each other yeah? So I think whatever you want us to be is what we'll be. If you aren't ready to label it then we won't, if you want me to ask you out on a date then I will." Derek answers with a fond smile, Stiles breathes a sigh of relief.

"So, you owe me a date then." Stiles winks, and then frowns. "Oh, and we should probably let my Dad know, that's if you're okay with him knowing so soon. Is it too soon?" Stiles asks and Derek smiles.

"No, I don't think so, but there's also no rush right?" Derek replies and Stiles nods.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure he'll like me staying over as much if he knows we're dating." Stiles mentions as though he's talking to himself.

"Well, we can figure it out once we tell him." Derek leans into Stiles and kisses him.

__________________________

Stiles loves kissing Derek, they don't do it often in front of the pack, or Peter. But they do when they're alone and Stiles can't say he'll ever get tired of their makeout sessions. Like right now for example, Stiles sighs into the kiss and feels Derek's tongue sneak into his mouth. They've been doing this for a little while now.

They started in the kitchen, but now they're on the couch with Stiles on Derek's lap. Stiles' hands are in Derek's hair and Derek's hands are on Stiles' hips, Stiles stomach flutters at the thought. Derek bits gently at Stiles' bottom lip and Stiles leans further into Derek's space, tilting Derek's head using the grip he has on his hair. Derek hums pleased and lets Stiles move him as he pleases, the kiss deepens with the new angle and Stiles allows his tongue to caress inside Derek's mouth this time.