Chapter 36

Stiles felt pleasantly warm, and he wasn't sure he wanted to wake up just yet. He doesn't know when he got home, but a cool breeze passes over him, and muffled voices sound, and Stiles suddenly remembers where he is and what just happened. He isn't home, that much he knows for sure, as he hears Peter, Derek, Lydia, and Scott talk over him.

Stiles opens his eyes slowly, his vision is blurry at first, but when it adjusts he sees everyone hovering over him. They all look worried, but Scott looks frustrated, and when Stiles finally understands what Peter's saying he understands why he's so frustrated.

"Well, you must be able to do something." Peter demands, and Stiles rolls his eyes fondly.

"I'm sure if Scotty knew what to do, he wouldn't just be sitting around, chill out Creeper Wolf." Stiles says, and watches in amusement as everyone whips their heads toward him.

"Stiles!" Derek exclaims, lurching forward. Derek's hands hover over Stiles, and Stiles smiles as he sits up slowly.

"I'm fine Sourwolf." Stiles smiles, and Derek leans in and hugs him.

"You smell different," Derek states, wrinkling his nose, Stiles frowns at him. "Like power and electricity." Derek supplies.

Peter frowns and leans forward to sniff at Stiles, the expression on Peter's face as he leans away makes Stiles laugh. Peter looks startled to hear the sound, it makes Stiles laugh harder.

"Trying to say I stink, Creeper Wolf?" Stiles teases, and Peter's eyes widen in alarm. "I'm kidding." Stiles grins at him, Peter rolls his eyes at him.

"Glad to have you back." Peter mutters, and Stiles smiles, gently pushing Peter's shoulder.

"Speaking of, what exactly happened?" Stiles questions, eyeing everyone.

"Well, you guys began to exchange the Alpha spark, or whatever and this guy just kind of jumped out of the woods and pushed you two to the ground. You and Scott lost contact with each other, and you seemed to be in extreme pain, you passed out a little bit after screaming your head off." Lydia explains, and Stiles stare at her.

"Huh, well that's something. So, I don't fully have the Alpha spark then?" Stiles asks, and they all kind of shrug and look to Scott.

"I think you have the major parts of the spark, but I still have some of it." Scott shrugs, letting his eyes bleed red. Stiles hears a snarl really close to him, and flinches looking around to see where it came from.

"What the hell was that?" Stiles demands, looking at Peter and Derek. They look at him in confusion.

"What was what, Stiles." It doesn't really sound like a question coming from Peter, even though it probably should be.

"Someone snarled." Stiles tells him, Peter's confused face does little to ease his nerves. It had sounded as though the person was right beside him when they snarled, does that mean he has the main part of the Alpha spark? 

Would that mean Scott will lose his wolf, or is it that the Alpha spark is it's own little wolf, and the more you deny it the angier it becomes. It would make sense, Scott's control had never been perfect. Stiles had helped him gain enough control that Scott knew what to do if he was losing control, all of that control he learned seemed to have flown out the window once Scott got the Alpha spark.

So, the Alpha spark in him feels a threat when Scott flashes his Alpha eyes at him, which makes sense. It's considered a challenge to the other Alpha, especially the way he flashed his eyes as though it meant nothing.

"Are we sure we want him as an Alpha? He's going a little crazy." Isaac snarks, and Stiles rolls his eyes at him.

"Keep it up, scarf boy. We'll ship you off to France." Stiles sasses. "We're all a little crazy, haven't you noticed?" Isaac smiles at him.

"I lied, please be our Alpha." Stiles blinks up at Isaac in confusion.

"Did you hit your head or something? Going a little bipolar?" Stiles inquires, and Isaac full on grins at him.

"No, to both." Isaac states and Stiles shakes his head in fond amusement.

"You're a strange one, Lahey." Stiles drawls, staring at Isaac, Isaac just grins wider.

Stiles sighs, and rubs his chest where he can feel an unpleasant feeling stirring, weirdly it's aimed at Scott. Something in his head telling him to attack Scott, sink his teeth into his neck and bite down. Not hard enough to kill, but hard enough to prove a point, that Stiles is the Alpha now, not Scott. It's a weird train of thought, and Stiles isn't too sure where it's coming from, isn't sure why he's thinking it at all.

"So, we should probably finish exchanging the spark, right?" Scott questions, and Stiles nods.

"Yeah, help me up would ya." Stiles grabs at both Peter and Derek's hands, and let's them pull him to his feet.

Scott and Stiles take their previous positions, standing facing each other, and clasp each others hands. Scott closes his eyes and focuses on the Alpha spark, this time Stiles feels a pleasant warmth as the spark begins to fill him. It's warm, and comfortable, Stiles can feel his muscles relax. He feels like he's floating, and it's something that makes him feel light, at ease. Stiles smiles, this is what it should be like to have the Alpha spark, but Scott never understood how to be an Alpha in the first place.

Scott was never meant to be the Alpha, Stiles can tell how much the Alpha spark dislikes Scott, and wishes it could've been transferred to someone else a lot sooner. Stiles can hear the wolf rumbling happily about being with someone worthy of the spark, and he feels a little overwhelmed at the idea that the wolf thinks he's worthy of the spark.

Lucas watches from the sidelines with his sister, watches as the Alpha spark is being transferred into the human. So far, their plan is working, Lucas smirks, soon the Alpha spark will be theirs and all they have to do to get it, is challenge a human Alpha, or just attack him. It will be like stealing candy from a baby, and he can't wait to let his claws sink in deep, ripping the Alpha spark away from this annoying kid.