Chapter 56

Derek isn't sure what Stiles and Scott are talking about, he's trying his best to not listen in, but he gets bits and pieces. Stiles is obviously angry about something, he keeps raising his voice, and flooding the pack bond with some of his emotions. Derek can tell Isaac can feel it too, he's the only one who stayed, saying he wanted to stay close to Stiles for the night. Stiles helped develop their pack bond by paying attention to Isaac's feelings on raising voices, so it's only natural his wolf wants to stay close to Stiles.

Derek feels a little bad that Isaac has to feel Stiles' anger, especially when he's easily skittish over loud noises, or fast movements. Stiles' anger is something that's hot and fast, something that takes up a room, and Isaac is putting out distressed emotions every couple of minutes, but Stiles must not be paying enough attention. Derek sends some of his emotions just to Isaac, feelings of safety and reassurance.

Derek knows that Stiles wouldn't hurt anyone in the pack because of his anger, and realistically Isaac knows that too, but his trauma with his Dad doesn't really help. Stiles' anger is enough to make even Peter tense, Derek can see it in the twitch of his Uncle's lips, the way he wants to peel them back and snarl at whoever is making Stiles angry. But also in the line of his shoulders, they're tense, and Derek only remembers them being that way when his Mom got really angry at another person, or when Peter was really angry at someone else.

Derek sighs as he hears Scott leave, he knows he heard Stiles mention Satomi, so that might mean Scott doesn't like the way Stiles handles things, or Stiles is angry enough to kick Scott out. Isaac watches Stiles closely when he comes towards them, still radiating anger, but Stiles must have just tuned into the distressed emotions coming off of Isaac because his anger vanishes.

"Sorry Isaac," Stiles mutters, they all hear him though, "Scott was just being an ass as usual. I should've tried to keep my anger away from the pack bonds either way." Isaac doesn't respond, Stiles runs a hand along his shoulder, scent marking him and then sits next to him.

"Are you gonna stay here tonight too?" Stiles questions, and Isaac nods.

"If, if that's alright with you guys." Isaac stutters, Stiles just smiles.

"Of course, dude. You're always welcome here." Isaac smiles softly, leaning into Stiles' side a little, he nods.

"Thanks." Is all he says, but there's a flood of happiness, and gratitude through the bond.

Derek doesn't think Isaac has a hook on pack bonds yet, Scott's pack didn't really have any attachments to each other. Derek turned Erica, Boyd, and Isaac, so they're attachment was with him, until Scott became their Alpha. But Scott didn't know how to be an Alpha, so the pack bonds wilted, meaning that Isaac, Boyd, and Erica never even knew what a true pack bond was. So Isaac's emotions will be flooding the pack bonds a lot, so will Liam's, pretty much everyone that isn't Stiles, Peter, Derek, Lydia, and Kira.

Derek thinks maybe it would be a good idea to try teaching them, although Peter would have more experience than Derek would. Peter probably would teach them, if Stiles asked him to, that way no one's overwhelmed with the amount of emotions flooding the bond. It's something they should talk about later on, when everyone's not worried or angry.

_________________________

That night, they do a pack cuddle with the four of them, Isaac's in the middle. Boyd wanted to stay with Erica, so he'd declined their offer, as well as the one where they laid with Erica. Stiles is next to Isaac, Peter's on the outside, and Derek's by the wall. It's nice, being a pack like this, nice to hear Isaac's calm heart beat, and feel his calm emotions over the bond.

They're all relaxed, Isaac is practically curled around Stiles, he also sounds like he's purring. Stiles is already asleep, Derek can hear his slow heartbeat and breathing. He has Isaac tucked under his chin, and is holding him gently even in his sleep, which means that he's paying more attention. When Stiles cuddles with Derek, or even Peter, they've woken up because of how tightly Stiles was holding them, or because he was halfway on top of them.

It's sweet, Derek thinks because Stiles knows that Isaac is still getting used to people touching him in a positive way, Derek smiles. He falls asleep with the scent of his pack in his nose, and feeling all of their contentment.

____________________________

Stiles wakes up the next morning with Isaac half on top of him, Stiles rubs his eye with the hand that isn't underneath Isaac and smiles faintly. He strains his hearing to see if Erica, or Boyd are awake. They aren't, Stiles can hear their even heartbeats and breathing, he should get up and start on breakfast. Stiles lifts his head and turns to where Peter was laying, Stiles has to bite his lip to stop himself from laughing, Peter is curled up as small as possible because of the way Isaac's long legs are spread out.

Isaac is laying with part of his back over Stiles' chest, while he uses Stiles' shoulder for a pillow. His legs are in Peter's space, and instead of putting his legs over Isaac's, Peter decided to just curl into a small ball. Stiles giggles quietly, and turns to see Derek trying to merge with the wall, Stiles tries really hard but can't hold in his laughter. Thankfully, he doesn't wake any of them up, he gently eases Isaac off him and slips out of the room quietly.

Stiles sighs quietly, for today Stiles thinks pancakes are the way to go. Stiles hums quietly as he gets to work, getting the batter ready and making Apple cinnamon pancakes. Because plain pancakes just aren't that great, and Derek and Peter had agreed when he mentioned it once. Plus, Stiles makes good pancakes, or so Scott and his Dad used to say.

Isaac comes down when Stiles is halfway through cooking the pancakes. He peers over Stiles' shoulder and rumbles when he sees that Stiles is cooking food for them, Stiles can feel his appreciation through their pack bond, Stiles smiles.

"Why don't you help? You can set the table." Stiles offers, and Isaac nods, going to the cutlery drawer and putting six sets of cutlery and plates onto the table.

By the time most of the pancakes are done, everyone is downstairs. Derek almost gives Stiles a heart attack when he sneaks up behind Stiles and wraps his arms around Stiles' waist, kissing his check gently. Derek sends a rush of love and affection to Stiles, and it makes Stiles smile. They're such saps, Stiles thinks.