Chapter 23

They've all been studying the Alpha problem again. It's been a couple hours since they started researching, Derek is officially no longer feral, but he's still very clingy, surprisingly not just to Stiles though, they think it's a side effect of the whole feral thing, but then again wolves like contact.

Derek will drape himself off of Peter, or cuddle up next to him during movies, or when he's tired, what's even more surprising is that Peter allows it. He doesn't push Derek off, or complain about Derek being clingy. Although, Stiles calls it clingy where as the wolves call it being tactical, they rely on touch, it's normal for them.

Stiles smiles at the sight in front of him, Derek and Peter are sitting together on the love seat, Derek is leaning into Peter's side, reading over Peter's shoulder. Peter holds the book and they both read, Stiles hides his smile in the book he's reading. Derek groans bringing a hand up to rub at his eyes, Peter glances at Derek out of the corner of his eye, and sighs before closing the book.

"There's still nothing, I think it's time for a break." Peter declares, his eyes trained on Stiles. Stiles glances up from the book he's reading and sighs.

"Yeah, we probably should. We should also think of other people besides Deaton to ask about all of this," Stiles runs a hand through his hair. "maybe Satomi would know a thing or two?" Stiles turns his gaze onto the two Hales.

"She was friends with my Mother," Derek states, and lowers his eyes, before clearing his throat. "I could try talking to her and finding out if she knows anything." Derek adds, Stiles smiles.

"That would work, just set up a day. We can all go together," Stiles beams. Stiles frowns, Peter and Derek might not want him there, Satomi is an old friend, one that knew the Hale family, things could get complicated. "Or you guys can go alone." Stiles mutters with a sheepish expression.

Derek and Peter both frown at him in confusion.

"Why wouldn't we all go?" Peter's eyes narrow, and Stiles rolls his eyes at the expression, but nervously shifts.

"Well, Satomi knew your family. Something might be mentioned, and I just thought maybe you two would want to go alone." Stiles sighs, and Derek smiles suddenly. He moves over to Stiles and plops down right beside him.

Stiles turns his head to look at Derek questioningly, Derek wraps his arms around Stiles and laughs. Stiles is taken aback, not really understanding what's happening, but the pack bond feels bright, and warm.

"You're pack, so obviously we'd want you there." Derek states, as if discussing the weather. When Stiles glances over at Peter, he has a soft expression on his face that says he agrees.

"Okay, well then set up a meeting and we'll all be there." Stiles smiles.

They watch a movie and make hot cocoa, and they snuggle together, like pack should be.

____________________

Satomi's pack is larger than any Stiles has run into, and because of that it makes him a bit nervous, he isn't sure how to act, or if he should make eye contact with others or not. So, he keeps his head up, and doesn't make eye contact with anyone, only looks straight ahead.

His spark shows him his surroundings, shows him every pack member and several exits to take just in case, it baffles Stiles how it works, he still doesn't understand his spark. The wolves keep close to him, offering their support in what little way they know how, and it comforts Stiles.

Satomi greets them with a warm smile, her face is soft and not at all how Derek and Peter described her, they said she was cold at times, and strict. Don't get Stiles wrong, he wouldn't want to cross her, but she doesn't look as bad as they let on, in fact she looks happy to see them.

"Derek, Peter. It's nice to see you boys again." Satomi greets, and isn't it funny that Peter Hale just got called a boy, but Peter doesn't seem to take offence, in fact he dips his head in acknowledgment.

Derek dips his head as well, and Satomi's smile widens into a grin, it's something childish and playful. Something about it makes Stiles feel like a little kid being chased by his Mother through the garden, laughing and playing, he blinks before he lets the memory go too far.

"And who's this?" Satomi's eyes land on Stiles, and he can feel Derek and Peter come to alert beside him. They move closer on instinct, and Satomi watches them do it with a sharp eye. Neither of the Hales get a chance to say anything, cause like hell Stiles would let them introduce him when he's perfectly capable.

"I'm Stiles Stilinski ma'am." Stiles dips his head in acknowledgement and he can sense more than see some of Satomi's pack gap at him openly. He's not sure what it is he's said, or done to cause such a reaction, but the look in Satomi's eye is thoughtful.

Stiles half wonders if he's offended her, but then she smiles and dips her head in return, which makes Stiles very confused.

She reaches out a hand, "I'm Satomi Ito, nice to meet you Stiles." She smiles warmly and Stiles shakes her head and smiles in return.

If anything that whole exchange causes an even bigger reaction out of her pack, Derek and Peter are strangely quiet at his side, and he glances out of the corner of his eye, Peter is watching him with surprise in his eyes, he glances at Derek and finds the same result.

"What is it that I can help you boys with today?" Satomi questions with a warm smile. Neither Derek, or Peter open their mouths to answer and Stiles doesn't want to look like an idiot considering she's staring directly at him.

"We were hoping you'd know if it were possible to transfer an Alpha spark from one person into another, and if you have heard of it how it would work. Ma'am." Stiles adds politely, and Satomi's brow furrows, and she stares at him for a second.

"I think I need a cup of tea, care to join me?" Satomi sets off further into the woods without an answer, Stiles follows with Derek and Peter at his heels.