Chapter 27

Stiles calls Scott the following day, they need to figure out when Scott will be giving the Alpha power to Stiles, and where they'll be able to do it that no one will interrupt.

"Hey Scotty, how's a going?" Stiles asks when Scott picks up.

"Hey Stiles, all good over here. What about you?" Scott answers, and Stiles can hear the smile in his voice. Stiles has a feeling that Scott can't wait to get rid of the Alpha power.

"All good here too," Stiles responds. "I actually have a question for you." Stiles states, and there's shuffling on the other end of the phone.

"Shoot." Scott's grin is still in his voice, and it makes Stiles relax a little bit.

"When did you want to give me the Alpha power?" Stiles questions, he's always been a little blunt.

Scott just chuckles, he's used to Stiles' overly blunt personality. "Well, I have a test tomorrow, what about Saturday?" Scott questions, Stiles grins.

"That sounds good. We'll figure out the time later yeah?" Stiles shivers, and whips around to look out the loft window. "I gotta go Scott, I'll see you tomorrow at school." Stiles can hear Scott inhale sharply.

"Is everything okay?" Stiles nods before he realizes Scott can't see him.

"Yeah, I just left the stove on." Stiles moves over to the kitchen and stares at the stove.

Derek and Peter are both at the store getting groceries, Stiles doesn't want to phone them, it could be nothing.

"Stiles?" Stiles jumps, he forgot he was still on the phone with Scott.

"Yeah buddy?" He questions distractedly. Stiles inches closer to the loft window and peeks outside to see if there's anyone there.

"Are you sure everything's fine? Your heartbeat is going crazy right now." Scott interrogates, Stiles hums.

"Just a feeling, I gotta go really. But I love you bro, and I'll talk to you later. See you on Saturday." Stiles responds, he doesn't know for sure that this feeling is right, he doesn't want to freak anyone out.

"I'll see you Saturday. Text me if you need anything."  Scott says uneasily.

Stiles hangs up without answering, and peers out the window. He opens his messages and decides he should probably text Peter, or Derek. Stiles has a feeling that if he does that, they might just drop everything and run over to the loft though.

"What to do, what to do." Stiles mutters, if it really is a werewolf, wouldn't Derek and Peter know about it? Wouldn't Scott? Wouldn't he have felt eyes on him before this if they had been following them for awhile?

Stiles doesn't know what to do, does he call Derek and Peter, or does he just lay low and pretend he didn't feel anything and just wait for the wolves to come home?

To Sourwolf: Are you guys on the way home yet?

Stiles powers his phone off and goes to the kitchen, which is far away from the living room windows. It's a nice view, but Derek really should get some curtains, for occasions such as these. Stiles' phone pings and Stiles glances down at it to see a text from Derek.

From Sourwolf: Yeah, just paying for everything now. Is something wrong?

To Sourwolf: Nothing's wrong. You guys have just been gone for awhile now.

Stiles has a feeling that both Derek and Peter will be suspicious of that one, he hopes they don't rush home, as long as they grab the groceries then Stiles doesn't care if they rush, Stiles needs the groceries for dinner tonight. Derek doesn't respond and Stiles isn't sure what to do, he really wants them to come home.

Stiles goes into his bedroom and pulls up a game on his phone, he really doesn't want to be alone right now, but he's away from the windows. The feeling will hopefully go away, if it doesn't he's going to text Derek. They should be able to smell the wolf, if it is one. If it isn't they should still be able to tell if it was a supernatural creature, or human and if the person was around Stiles.

________________________

Derek wonders if there is something up with Stiles, before Stiles texted him Scott did. Telling him that Stiles was acting weird, completely distracted and wouldn't tell him what was really going on. Derek worries, like he always does when Stiles is involved.

Peter seems fidgety, he glances around and taps his foot in impatience while they're waiting in line. He glances at his phone too, Derek isn't sure if he's checking the time, or checking for a text from Stiles. Either way, Derek feels the same way, they need to get back home. Derek has a bad feeling and he doesn't like having bad feelings.

From Stiles: It's really boring by myself you know, are you guys on the way yet?

To Stiles: Almost, are you sure everything is okay?

From Stiles: Yeah, I just miss you guys. I don't really want to be alone right now either.

Derek taps Peter and shows him the message, Peter's eyes snap back up to Derek's face so fast that Derek almost flinches. 

"Should I head back to the loft?" Peter asks, and Derek's about to nod before he realizes that Peter's the one with the money.

"I will, you wrap up here and take the Camaro back." Derek hands the keys over to Peter and heads to the exit.

________________________

Derek runs up the stairs of the loft and follows Stiles' scent to his room, which has all of their scents everywhere, considering that they all sleep together anyways. Derek walks in and Stiles jumps, his heart rate speeding up.

"Just me." Derek smiles, and Stiles relaxes.

"Did you forget the groceries?" Stiles narrows his eyes, and Derek grins stupidly.

"Nope, Peter's paying for them and then should be on his way home. I wanted to come make sure everything was okay though, you were acting weird when you were texting us." Derek explains, and Stiles' eyes widen.

"I just, uh had a feeling. That's all, it freaked me out." Stiles rubs the back of his neck and sighs.

"A feeling? Feeling of what?" Derek feels his heart start beating a tiny bit quicker.

"It uh it just felt like someone was watching me," Stiles pauses. "Or the loft I guess. I don't know it's hard to explain, I was talking to Scott and it just felt like a pair of eyes were following me. I looked out the window but I couldn't see anything. I thought maybe I was just being paranoid. But even coming in here didn't really help." Stiles tries to elaborate. 

"You should've called us, or told Scott." Derek states, eyes widening. "What if someone was watching you?" 

"I didn't want to freak you guys out." Stiles shrugs, and Derek sighs.

"Too late, we're all freaked out." Stiles rubs the back of his head again, and sighs.

___________________

The beta smirks, he knows when they will be exchanging the Alpha power now, which means he just needs to follow them and take the Alpha power from the spark. He's going to have to keep an eye on the spark though, he's too good at noticing things, he was almost caught today.

The beta will hide for now and reappear later on, to watch where they go and who they're going to bring with them. For now, he needs to plan.