Chapter 21

Stiles is discharged the day he wakes up, the only reason they had kept him was because he hadn't been waking up. Other than that nothing was wrong with Stiles physically, so Noah had gone to sign the discharge papers, and chat with Melissa a bit. Peter and Derek refused to leave his side, which wasn't the worst thing ever, but Stiles didn't like how everyone seemed to expect him to drop dead at any given time.

Stiles gets dressed in his usual jeans and a plaid shirt, his Dad had brought the clothes he was wearing in the accident home to wash, Stiles had gotten blood on it and Noah wasn't sure if the blood was actually coming out.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" Peter asks, hovering over Sties. Stiles turns his head to hide his smile, he would think that it would be Derek asking that not Peter. The wolf that doesn't give a damn about anyone, except apparently Stiles and Derek.

"Peter for the ten thousandth time, I'm fine," Stiles assures him, with a small smiles "The hospital can't keep me anyways there's nothing physically wrong with me." Stiles adds, Peter sighs and grumbles, something too low for human ears.

Derek just stands next to Stiles silently, but watches everything around them. Watches when someone moves too close to Stiles and lifts a lip, or if someone moves too fast. Derek at one point even moves himself in front of Stiles when someone moves too fast.

"Derek," Stiles says softly. He places a hand on Derek's arm. "We're fine. No one here is out to hurt us." Stiles smiles softly.

Derek turns his head to look at Stiles and Stiles' eyes widen. Peter grabs Derek's arm firmly, Derek's eyes are wolf blue.

"Derek, your eyes." Peter hisses, Derek frowns at Peter, not seeming to get it. "Your eyes are blue." Derek's eyes widen.

"We need to get him home." Stiles declares, Peter nods. They hurry to get Derek outside to the Camaro which sits in the parking lot.

Noah turns around to get Stiles from him room, he peeks in and finds that Stiles is already gone.

"That damn kid." Noah sighs, he pulls his phone out and texts Stiles, demanding to know where he is.

Peter gets into the driver seat, while Stiles takes Derek into the back seat, so he can sit with him. Derek's eyes keep shifting from a cold blue, to a warm green and back again. His claws are present, and so are his fangs, there aren't any sideburns though, which Stiles counts at a good sign. Peter peels out of the parking lot, and speeds off, Stiles' phone buzzes.

"Derek you need to find an anchor, to control the shift." Stiles states in a panic.

Peter looks through the rear view mirror at the two of them, and sighs.

"Derek, focus on your pack bonds, we're both here and we're both safe." Derek glances at Peter, and then at Stiles.

"Stiles, I need." Derek gasps out, Stiles flicks a glance at Peter. Derek doesn't continue talking, he grabs Stiles' shirt, and hauls him close. He sticks his nose in Stiles' neck and inhales deeply, Stiles doesn't really know what to do so he stays still.

He wraps Derek in a hug, and rubs his back, allowing Derek to inhale Stiles' scent. Peter glances through the rear view mirror again, and sighs in relief. Derek is calming, and hands grip Stiles tee shirt instead of claws. Derek's breathing is also slowing, and Peter stops driving like a manic and actually follows the speed limit.

"Are you okay Derek?" Stiles asks him, and Derek doesn't move, doesn't twitch.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Derek sighs shakily so Stiles just decides to keep hold of him. 

Stiles pulls his phone out quick to see who texted him, his Dad's name pops up on the screen. Noah is not too happy that Stiles took off without him, his Dad demands to know where he is and to get home tonight as he would like to actually spend time with his son. Stiles sends a message back telling his Dad the situation and that he'll make sure he's home tonight by nine.

Stiles shoves his phone back into his pocket and focuses on Derek, Peter seems shifty from where he's sitting. Like he's stuck between just wanting to drive, and stopping the car to come into the back seat and hug his pack members.

"Derek you want to tell us what the hell that was?" Peter demands and Stiles winces, sending Peter a look.

Derek doesn't respond right away, there's a feeling of anxiety running down the pack bond and it's a lot of anxiety. Stiles rubs Derek's back, and sends a feeling of calm down the pack bond, Derek's body goes slack under Stiles' hands. Stiles been getting better with the pack bonds and sending emotions through them, which helps both of the Hales in different ways.

"I don't know," Derek starts off with a sigh. "I was worried about Stiles, I didn't want him getting hurt again. My wolf was viewing everyone in the hospital as a threat, and I wanted to get us all out of there, as fast as possible. I was just anxious." Derek explains, and Stiles is actually surprised. Derek doesn't normally say out loud what he's feeling.

"I couldn't feel anything through the pack bond." Stiles states, because he didn't. Peter didn't either, or he didn't say anything about it if he did.

"I was trying to hide it, I didn't want you guys to freak out." Derek whispers, he moves away from Stiles a tiny bit and looks at Peter. 

"Next time don't hide it." Peter says simply, and Derek smiles softly with a nod.

"Geez between the two of you I'm never going to get a decent sleep." Stiles sighs, Derek and Peter laugh like it's the funniest joke he's ever told. Stiles stares at them opened mouthed and flails his arms around.

"You sleep like a baby around us." Peter teases, and Stiles reddens.

"That's cause the bed is comfy, and you guys are warm." Stiles retorts, Derek and Peter burst out laughing.