Chapter 29

Peter doesn't cry often, but when he does it's mostly due to nightmares of his family dying. Of his wife dying. Nightmares of losing Stiles and Derek. Just horrible nightmares that portray his worst fears in life. So, when Derek scent marks him randomly and probably for the first time since the fire, he doesn't cry but it's a damn near thing. When Stiles scent marks him, tells him not to doubt himself, that he'll always be a part of their pack. Well, he does cry. Not that he'll admit that to anyone though, not even his pack. 

His pack. His. 

He never thought he'd have a pack again. Peter never thought Derek would forgive him either, and maybe it's because Stiles asked him to do it, or because he understands that Peter didn't want to kill Laura, didn't want the Alpha power, hadn't been in his right mind when it happened. Peter finds he doesn't care which it is, he's just so glad that the last person in his family wants to be in a pack with him, and it is Derek's choice.

It almost makes him want to tell them what he saw, but he knows how it will sound. Despite everything he's done in the past, making his pack worry is the last thing he'd want to do. On the other hand, if something does happen and Peter was right to suspect something and he never said anything and something bad happens to either of his pack members. Peter would never forgive himself. 

Peter clears his throat and Stiles looks down at him, golden brown eyes looking down at him softly, with affection. Like an Alpha should look at his pack, and Stiles really will be a good Alpha, is a good Alpha, with or without that spark.

"I, um, I seen something when I was driving here. It wasn't that far from the loft, and I could've sworn I seen a person running away from the loft. That's why I was so nervous when I came in, I thought maybe someone had attacked you two, or something." Peter explains, his palms are sweating and he doesn't look up. Can't look up.

Nobody says anything, but Peter can feel Stiles' curiosity through the pack bond, and Derek's fear. He still doesn't looks up, afraid that they don't believe him, that they'll think the worst of him.

"So, you were right." Derek says and Peter frowns, but Stiles hums in agreement.

"That means there was someone watching me through the window, when I was on the phone with Scott, which also means that there's someone, supernatural I'm assuming, that knows about Saturday, and what we're planning. What we don't know is who they are and what they want." Stiles elaborates. "Well, obviously they want the Alpha power, but why is the question." Stiles adds, and Peter smiles.

They believe him, and they aren't accusing him of trying to take the Alpha power for himself. It also means that Stiles trusts him, really does see Peter as a part of his pack. Peter's smile widens, and he can feel tears prick at the corner of his eyes. 

"Should we put off Saturday then? Set a trap instead?" Derek asks quietly and Stiles shakes his head.

"No, but that trap sounds like a good plan." Stiles grins, Derek looks like he wants to protest, Peter beats him to it.

"Wouldn't it be smarter to get to know them first? Figure out why they want the spark, and what they're willing to do to get it." Stiles hums and turns an eye on Peter.

"Yes it would be smarter that way, but we can catch them off guard this way. They don't know that we know about them." Stiles states, and then he stops and rubs his chin, in what both Derek and Peter recognize as his thinking tick.

"What is it?" Derek questions, with a concerned look.

"Well, I was just thinking, we don't know how many people they have. For all we know, it could just be that one person that you say Peter, and that's it." Stiles doesn't know what the best approach is, if they should wait to find out more, or if they should continue with the spark transfer and see what happens.

"Whatever you decide, we've got your back." Peter says and Derek nods in agreement.

"This isn't something I can decide on my own, Alpha or not. There's a chance that these people well wait until me and Scott are exchanging the spark to attack, and if they do interfere while Scott's trying to give me the spark, we don't know what could happen." Stiles continues to rub his chin, and Derek feels a sudden flash of panic that he knows is coming from him.

If something happens to Stiles, Derek will go crazy, he can't lose another pack member, not again. Peter will go just as crazy, if not more. Derek knows they're a little too dependent on Stiles, that they don't want anything to happen to him. 

"We'll have to call Scott and see if he has any problems with it, if not then will continue on as planned, and just keep an extra eye out. If he has a problem with it, then we'll set up a trap of some sort to see what these people want, if it's the spark they want then we'll have to figure something out. Either they join our pack, or they find another Alpha somewhere else." Stiles sighs and rubs his temples this time.

"That's a good plan, but first let's make some dinner." Peter states, with a stern looking expression. Derek can see through it, Derek smiles at Peter's concern for Stiles. They're going to be a really good pack, and Derek can't wait for Stiles to get the spark. 

No one would challenge Stiles when he has the spark, not to mention he could help the other wolves with their control. Stiles is especially fond of Isaac, and Derek can already tell that Isaac will willingly join Stiles' pack. Erica and Boyd would also want to join his pack, considering he saved them from Argent. Derek thinks everything will work out, sooner or later.