Chapter 58

Stiles' wolf loves rough housing with the pack and even though he loves rough housing his wolf never takes it too far, the wolf in Stiles is surprisingly gentle. Looking back at it though, Stiles doesn't really know why he's so surprised, his wolf has always valued pack above anything.

The pack bonds thrum with joy and playfulness, it makes Stiles feel a sense of peace. They aren't being attacked for once and they can just live in the moment something they should've been doing a long time ago. Stiles wants to have the rest of the pack with issues discuss them with each other, but he isn't sure when to do it. He knows they are all a little wary after the Alison situation, but he hopes that they at least trust the rest of them in the pack.

When they begin the trek back to the loft Stiles decides maybe he should bring it up with them all. It's as much their decision as it is his, he doesn't have a problem with the rest of the pack really, considering Alison is gone. Peter and Scott seemed like they were making pretty good progress and Scott seemed to understand some of Peter's side a little better. Stiles still wanted to keep an eye on them, Scott could be irrational and Peter wouldn't sit still if Scott tried to attack him.

Erica and Boyd tried talking to Alison and as far as he knows that's the only person they had a problem with, although it doesn't hurt to ask them just in case. Liam and Scott still need to talk through stuff, at least Stiles thinks they do, in fact Liam might also want to talk with him. Stiles hadn't thought of that, he'll have to ask Liam about it.

Lydia will probably want to talk with Peter after the whole leaving her for dead thing, and using her to resurrect himself. Peter might want to ask her to lay off the Molotov Cocktails for a while, at least around him. Derek and Scott definitely need to talk, Derek has always been there for Scott but Scott continues to turn his back on Derek. Not to mention the whole Gerard thing.

God they have so much work to do, but Stiles thinks they can do it, as long as they do it together and communicate with each other if there are problems. Stiles will have to ask Isaac and Kira if they have any issues with anyone in the pack, Stiles can't think of any off the top of his head.

They'll figure it all out.

_________________

When they're back inside the loft Stiles decides to bring it up briefly.

"What do we think about restarting our talking with people we have issues with?" Stiles gets a little bit of incredulous looks for the name but just shrugs in return.

"I mean, I'm down." Scott says, glancing at Peter before looking back at Stiles.

"I don't really care either way." Lydia says while examining her nails, Stiles smiles at her.

Everyone else's responses are similar to this, so Stiles asks when they would like to start them up again. He thinks the sooner the better, it will hopefully create more trust and allow them to become closer with each other. Again he's met with a majority of them saying whenever works.

"Alright, what about tomorrow..?" Stiles tries and they all look at him for a second, maybe he shouldn't have suggested it so soon.

"I mean, we agreed to it, but I guess we weren't expecting you to do want to do it so soon." Scott announces with a look around the room, Stiles nods.

"Yeah, I just figured the sooner we do it the sooner we can build up trust between everyone." Stiles explains. "If you guys want to wait a bit though, we can." Stiles offers, Lydia finally raises her eyes up from her nails.

"I think we should do it tomorrow, it's not like we have anything better to do, that and I agree that the sooner we do it the sooner we can build the pack up. Having people in the pack that have disagreements all the time because past events is going to tear us apart. By doing it sooner, we give it a chance to rebuild those relationships." Lydia explain, flicking her hair behind her shoulder after she's finished.

"I agree with Lydia." Isaac says simply, Stiles' wolf feels a surge of pride for having their pup speak up first for once instead of going along with what everyone else wants.

"I think Lydia has a good point, although it might take more time to rebuild those relationships which is probably why we should start sooner rather than later." Peter mentions, and Stiles nods.

"That's also a good point, so let me say this. If you're in the process of talking with someone, I'm not asking you to forgive them right after talking with them, the goal is to get all the problems you have out in the open and then work on them. It will take a while and there might be arguments along the way, which is fine, the only thing I ask is that you don't raise a hand against the other person in anger, or frustration." Stiles declares, and everyone nods. 

"As long as everyone's in agreement, then we can start it up again tomorrow. So, let's do another vote." Stiles continues. "Alright so everyone who's in favour of doing it tomorrow, please raise a hand." Stiles says, he doesn't feel like going around the room and asking everyone this time.

Everyone raises their hands, Stiles smiles.

"Brillant, then tomorrow it is. For now, why don't we do movie night?" Stiles suggests and smiles fondly as they start arguing over movie choices.

It will take time to rebuild this pack, but Stiles thinks the things worth keeping in life take time and effort. There might be frustration and arguments that he has to break up, or that he's apart of himself but it will be worth it to have a healthy pack that trusts each other.

Stiles can't wait for tomorrow, maybe he's a little too excited for them to start talking so soon after the Allison incident, but he's hopeful this time.