Chapter 9

Stiles doesn't know what else to do but sit there with Derek, Derek doesn't whine as much, but he doesn't really move either. He's head in Stiles' neck, trying to keep his breathing even. Peter stands off to the side not really knowing what to do, he shifts forward then wonders if maybe they don't need him with them right now and debates leaving.

He can feel Stiles love and affection run down the pack bond, and he realizes he must have sent those feelings through their pack bond by mistake. Stiles is watching him, and Peter flushes trying to avoid eye contact, but Stiles just smiles softly at him.

Stiles turns to Derek and gently pushes Derek so he can make eye contact with him, Derek whines, but allows Stiles to push him upright. Stiles stares at Derek for a second, before smiling at him.

"Peter, come here." Stiles comments without turning to him, Peter walks forwards and when he's beside them Stiles grabs his hand and pulls him down beside them, putting a hand on each of their shoulders.

"Now listen here you stubborn Hales, you are both a part of the pack, and you are both loved by me, whether you like it or not!" Stiles declares boldly, he lets his emotions flow through their bond. Peter shivers at the intense feelings before smiling, Derek seems to calm a bit more at the feelings. Stiles grins brightly, glad that he's getting through to the stubborn wolves.

Peter's eyes start to sting and he feels so much love, and adoration for this one human. He's thankful that Stiles has decided to love on the Hales, God knows they needed it.  After the fire, they had both been so broken, and then Peter had decided in his feral mind that biting a teenage boy would be a good idea, he wishes he bit Stiles instead of Scott everyday. Scott's too black and white, but Stiles, Stiles understands. Even if he doesn't want to understand, he does.

Stiles pulls them into a group hug, with his feelings of content, happiness, and love flowing through the bond. Peter rumbles happily, and Derek smiles. A real smile, the first one Peter has seen in awhile. Peter snuggles into Stiles shoulder, hiding his smile and soaking up the love. Peter has nightmares of Stiles leaving him, not wanting him in the pack.

Derek whines, and snuggles into Stiles' neck pressing his nose there. Stiles sighs at the wolves, but lets them scent him, and inhale his scent, he can't even explain to himself how much he adores these two. They would do anything to protect the ones they cared about, Stiles is the exact same way in that aspect, they wouldn't show mercy if someone ever hurt someone they loved. Which means, that Stiles is going to have to be more careful around the pack, and around other supernatural beings, considering the two Hales are now his pack.

Stiles can feel Derek's emotions through the bond, they are stronger than his own, and heart breaking for some reason. He can feel sadness as well as happiness, which is somewhat confusing, but Stiles just runs his hand through Derek's hair soothingly. Sending as much love as possible, Peter's emotions are another topic all together, he doesn't like letting them go through the bond, but when they slip, they're beautiful. Stiles can his emotions just a little bit, but Peter's hesitating and Stiles doesn't know why, but he doesn't want to push him either.

Stiles takes Peter's hand in his and rubs his thumb over Peter's knuckles soothingly. He sits there with the two of them, running a hand through Derek's hair and rubbing his finger against Peter's knuckles calmly.

___________

Stiles starts to get ready for bed when Derek appears at the door. Stiles smiles and watches as Derek climbs into his bed, he still looks scared like Stiles well yell at him, or tell him to leave. Stiles sends reassurance and love down the bond, hoping that Peter can feel it too, Derek relaxes and Stiles turns the light off and crawls into bed with his werewolf heater. 

Stiles is still a bit worried about Peter, but he's sure that he's fine. He's safe and that's okay for now. Slowly, Stiles drifts off with Derek laying on his chest.

Peter can hear the content heart beats of Stiles and Derek, it calms him to know they're okay. He gets into his own bed and slowly drifts off.

_______

Peter can see Stiles watching him, Peter smiles at him but Stiles' face turns terrified and Peter can see blood coming from his abdomen. Peter's smile drops and he rushes over to Stiles, Stiles falls into his arms and Peter's eyes widen.

"Why didn't you do anything?" Stiles asks him, Peter frowns.

"What?" He doesn't understand what's happening.

"That wolf attacked me and you did nothing." Stiles chokes out, blood falls down his chin.

"No, I would've done something." Peter would've, Stiles is pack.

"But you didn't." Derek says from behind him, and he's covered in blood, but Peter can smell it's Stiles' blood.

"I would've!" Peter screams at him. "If either of you were in danger, I would do something. If someone was hurting you, I'd kill them." He snarls, Derek's eyes narrow.

"But you didn't." He repeats. "Now Stiles is dead." Derek sobs and moves closer to Stiles, Peter listens and realizes he can't hear a heartbeat anymore.

"No, he can't be." Peter sobs, he can't lose anyone else, he can't be dead.

Derek and Stiles slowly fade into darkness.

Peter wakes up with a scream, his body is covered in sweat and he's shaking. Stiles can't be dead, he's in the other room, it's not Peter's fault is it? Is he alive? He stumbles out of his room and goes to Stiles'. Peter opens the door and can see both Stiles and Derek curled into the bed, sleeping. 

Peter needs to sit down, he can't get enough air into his lungs. He's having a panic attack, he hasn't had one since the fire, Peter tries to focus on Stiles' heart beat, but he can't. He can't focus on anything, and he can hear every sound in the room, which makes it worse. 

"Peter?" Stiles' voice calls from the bed. Peter can't turn to him, he starts to hunch over, completely taken over by the panic.

Stiles rushes over immediately, he  crouches in front of Peter, who is now on the ground, and puts his hands on either side of his face. Peter doesn't react to it though, Stiles grabs the back of Peter's neck and pulls him close, Peter sticks his nose into Stiles neck. Inhaling the scent there and breathing, he places his hand over Stiles' chest, where his heart is. Slowly, Peter begins to calm down, Stiles is here, Stiles is safe. Peter would do anything for Stiles and Derek, include killing, or being killed.

Stiles stands and pulls Peter into his room, he crawls into the bed, pulling Peter after him. Peter follows, not wanting to be away from Stiles for the rest of the night. Stiles lays on his back, and without another thought, Peter places his head over Stiles' chest again, listening to his heart beat. Peter doesn't sleep, Stiles plays with Peter's hair but as he falls asleep his hand slows and then stills. Peter knows they're all safe, but he's still scared. He closes his eyes and focuses on Stiles heart beat and the scent of StilesPeterDerek in the air. His wolf is happy that their small packs scent is mixed, and slowly Peter falls asleep.