11 - The Break Up

Today was Sunday, 7:48am. I was currently sat up in bed, my eyes red and puffy, staring into space. I really hate having nightmares, I always have, but ever since my life took a weird turn a few years ago, I am terrified of them now. Recently, I'd been getting them more than usual. It's mentally and physically draining and Daisy is beginning to notice something is up. 

I'm usually filled with energy and always doing something, so since I've slowly began staying in bed and not doing much, Daisy has grown suspicious. I know she means well, but I've always been quite a private and closed off person when it comes to emotions, whereas Daisy is the total opposite and is constantly telling me what's going on in her head.

I'm not planning on getting up anytime soon- the idea of staying in bed all day and doing nothing sounds so appealing to me at the moment. Well, it did until I got a text from Daisy.

(Bold = D, Normal = Y)

Daisy Doo <3

Are you up?

Uh, yeah, why whats up?

Could u come through for a bit?

Alright one sec :)

I sluggishly force my body to sit up, put on some fluffy socks and I begin to leave my warm, toasty room. I walk through the living room, through the kitchen/dining room and gently twist the door handle of Daisy's room. As it opens, I find Daisy curled up underneath her duvet, with a blank expression on her face. She looks up at me with a sad look in her eyes, smiles slightly and lifts up her covers, making a space for me to lie down next to her. I force a smile and creep up to her, lying down so we are together, spooning. 

"What's wrong Dais? You don't look great, no offence," I joke, hoping it will lighten the mood a little bit. She sighs. 

"Uh well you see..the thing is...I-...wel-" 

"Spit it out, Daisy." 

"Noah and I...uh...we decided to break up," She states. I sit up, my eyes widening, turning to my right to make eye contact with her. 

" YOU WHAT?!" I almost yell, wondering what on earth I have just heard. 

"Shh Shh Shh, The neighbours will complain, besides, we weren't getting along anymore. Things got complicated so we decided it's for the best." 

"Well then I'm okay with it. If it was mutual then at least we can keep in contact with him. After all, we've known him since the start of high school. If you ever need anything, I'm here for you babe," I sigh, lying back down, this time on Daisy's chest. 

"Thank you, you know how much that means to me." 

"Of course, you know I'll always be there for you no matter what. I always have been and always will be." 

" You know, I don't know what I did to deserve you Y/N," She smiles, looking down at me and stroking my hair. 

"Same to you, Daisy doo," I grin, looking up to meet her eyes which are now significantly happier than before. We lay there for a few hours as the sun shines through the window, shining down on us and heating us up.

-------

A/N: A little bonding moment between our two favourite besties :)) Yeah idk why but I really like this chapter lmao. Thank you so much for voting and this book is worldwide now wtf?! I love you all <33