39 - No More Secrets

I don't know how I should feel. I can be happy and relieved that I don't have to keep my relationship with Simon a secret anymore, however, I can also feel shit that I now need to do some damage control. Within the first 24 hours the news has spread like wild fire. Youtube videos, tweets, instagram posts and stories, news articles, you name it, the news of our relationship is the internets biggest drama. I can't escape it.

"So, what are you guys going to do about your little...situation?" Daisy asks, coming into my room and sitting herself down at the end of my bed.

"Honesty, Dais, I don't know," I reply, reaching over to my bedside table to pass Simon his mug of tea.

"I mean, we could just like, I don't know, confirm it?" Simon quietly asks before taking a huge gulp of his drink, causing me to think.

"Fuck it," I state, nearly jumping up from my bed and sitting at my desk, pulling up twitter. Yes, I know what you're thinking. 'Really, Y/N? Twitter?' I understand twitter doesn't have a great reputation, but that's where all the drama is, right?

"Really, Y/N, you're gonna tweet about it?" I turn in my chair to look at Daisy who's now giving me a sort of surprised yet disappointed expression.

"Yeah, why not? You got a better idea?" I ask, unintentionally in a rude tone.

Daisy holds her hands up in defeat and backs off slightly before I turn around to face my computer once again. I search to find a suitable picture of Simon and I to post, eventually deciding on one that Simon and I took on holiday, it's actually my favourite picture of us.

"What should I say?" I ask, finding it difficult to come up with appropriate words. After what feels like an hour long discussion but is probably only around ten minutes, we decide to simply say 'Guess the rumours are true?' Cringe, but gets the message across. 

"Are you sure about this?" Simon asks, resting his hand on my shoulder and trying his best to calm my nerves. I laugh.

"No," I say before clicking the 'tweet' button. Holy shit.

I squeal as I get up and go to hug daisy. Simon takes this opportunity to take my place in my chair, searching through the responses that are no doubt flooding in already, I don't know, I don't look, I'm too nervous.

"Well?" I ask, peering my head out of Daisy's arms.

"So far so good," Simon replies, spinning the chair round to face me. Daisy takes this opportunity to leave, giving Simon and I some privacy.

"Know what? I'm happy this happened," I admit, wrapping my arms around Simon's neck, leaning in for a quick kiss.

"Really? I got the impression you didn't want to tell anyone," Simon says while pulling away, a grin forming on his face.

"Well, I mean, kinda. What I mean is, I'm glad that we don't need to keep us a secret anymore," I reply as Simon's hand reaches up to flick a piece of hair out of my face.

"Yeah, so am I," He chuckles, pulling me into another kiss.

-------

A/N: Hey, thank you for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! I'm genuinely so sad to be finishing up this book, however, it's time to move on to new things. Speaking of new things, the first chapter of my new book 'Serenity' is out now, so be sure to check it out. Wishing you all the best!