31 - Celebrations

"This-" I say as I spin around to face Daisy who is currently sat mouth agape, staring at me with wide eyes. 

"This is definitely the one."

The floor length dress is green. Not a dark green, more like a sage green. The fabric is a cool satin, the top decorated with an intricate lace pattern representing flowers. Stunning enough for a wedding but not stunning enough to take the attention off of the brides. Daisy smiles.

"It's perfect."

-----

"Are you having fun?" Simon asks, leaning down to whisper into my ear, the action sending shivers down my spine. I look up to face him and am met with his charming smile. 

"Of course! It's magical," I reply as I turn to face my friend Imogen dancing with her now wife.

The venue is in a breathtaking castle, mostly in the courtyard. Fairy lights strung above our heads as they sway gently in the breeze. Long wooden tables are spread out across the floor, decorated with flowers, candles and place settings.

I get pulled out of my trance when I hear cheering and clapping around me, indicating the first dance is over. My thoughts are confirmed as Imogen and Annie walk past me from the dance floor, both of them laughing on their way to the buffet. As the next song begins to play people flooded onto the dance floor. I catch Simon finishing his drink before turning to me and extending his hand. 

"Let's dance."

I hesitate, dancing is something I've always enjoyed doing when I was alone but the thought of dancing in front of others makes my stomach do somersaults. I scrunch my face as I desperately scramble to think of an excuse, causing Simon to extend his arm further. 

"C'mon M'lady, one quick dance?" The nickname makes me go weak in the knees and red in the face. To his surprise I take his hand and lead him onto the dance floor.

I wrap my arms around his neck while his hands hold my waist as we sway slowly to the music. Everything around us seems to disappear and my focus remains solely on him, staring at each other and smiling as we begin to relax into the dance. I lay my head on his shoulder, almost hugging him. He reciprocates the gesture by leaning his head on mine. As the song ends we stay still for a moment, both of us reluctant to let go of one another. 

"Thank you for the dance," Simon grins as we make our way from the dance floor to find our designated seats. 

"You're very welcome, Sir," I tease as I brush past him, making Simon's breathing hitch. I find my seat next to Daisy and sit down, patting the seat next to me for Simon to join us, and as I glance over to Daisy she shoots me a wink.

-------

A/N: How are we all doing guys? Make sure to take care of yourselves during the holiday season. It's easy to let ourselves go so do ur best to stay productive :)