20 - After Dark

I waken up from a deep sleep with a jolt, unsure of why I have suddenly awoken. With very little energy, I slowly open my eyes to be met with the familiar sight of the moonlight seeping through small cracks in the curtains. Sighing, I reach over to the bedside table and pick up my phone as quietly as possible in hopes that I don't waken Daisy. 2:17am. As I put my phone back down to attempt to go back to sleep, I hear the bathroom door creak open from behind me. 

"I know, I promise I won't be late this time," She says before sitting on the end of the bed. What on earth is she on about? 

"Yeah, I checked she's asleep," Daisy responds. I feel the bed move and I quickly shut my eyes so she can't tell I'm awake as she leans over to check once again. 

"Okay, okay, I'm leaving now. I'll be there in a few minutes, bye," And with that the bed lifts and the door is shut. I sit up and put my head in my hands as thoughts begin to circulate around my head.

Where are you going Daisy?

Who are you meeting?

Are you safe?

Why didn't you tell me?

Why are you meeting someone at this time of night?

Don't you trust me?

I take my phone from my nightstand and open the messages app. I contemplate messaging her and I type a few times before deleting it and shutting my phone off. I lay back down in bed, staring at the ceiling and it's not long before I drift back to sleep.

-----

We are currently sat at breakfast and everyone is talking and socialising..that is- everyone except me. Daisy hasn't appeared and I haven't seen her all morning. It's starting to worry me and the others notice that something is off. I feel a hand being gently placed on my right thigh and I look up to see Simon looking down on me with a worried expression. 

"What's up, Y/N? I know you're not a morning person but you're usually cheerier than this." I sigh and rubbed my forehead as all this stress is beginning to give me a headache. 

"It's Daisy...She didn't come back to the room last night," Tobi, who was sat across from Simon, looks up with worry written all over his face. 

"What are you talking about? What do you mean she didn't come back?" At this point the table goes silent, everyone stares at me. 

"Well, I woke up last night and she was on the phone to someone. Then she left and I haven't seen her since," And then, with perfect timing, out of the corner of my eye I see someone approaching the table in a vibrant matching yellow top and skirt set...one that I recognise all to well as I had picked it out for this trip. Daisy.

------

A/N: This chapters a bit dramatic but I kinda love it! Who was Daisy with? I honestly can't wait for you to find out! Thank you all for reading and have an amazing day my lovelies <3