30 - Late Night Calls

"Hey," Simon smiles as he answers the phone. 

"Hey," I reply, rolling over in my sheets. 

"So, what's up?" He props his phone up in the bathroom while he brushes his teeth. 

"Well, I had a question I wanted to ask you..." I trail off slightly at the end as I hide my face in the sheets.

"Okay, shoot," He says as he finishes up in the bathroom and lays down in bed. 

"So my friend Imogen is getting married, and I was wondering if you wanted to be my plus one?" 

We sit in silence for a moment, but only for a moment. 

"Yeah I'd love to. Sounds fun!" He replies as he leans over to switch off the light, leaving his room in darkness similar to mine. 

"Can I ask you a question now?" He asks, now barely visible. 

"Yeah go ahead." 

"Why were you so nervous to ask me?" 

"Could you tell? I don't know, I just thought it might be awkward," Simon has a confused look plastered on his face.

 "Why?" He questions.

"Well, I didn't know if it was too soon or something," Simon chuckle at my own response. 

"Nah, I think it's a great idea," He smiles.

----- 

"I asked him by the way," I mumble as I stuff a muffin into my face. Daisy, who is sat across the table, whips her head in my direction when she hears my voice. 

"You what?" 

"I asked Simon if he wanted to go to the wedding with me." 

"Really? How'd it go?" Daisy questions while stirring her latte. I find myself smirking, thinking about the conversation with Simon the night prior.

"Yeah, it went quite well," I grin. 

"Oh my god, he said yes?" Daisy shrieks, drawing the attention of some people at tables nearby. 

"Shhh!" I whisper, now feeling slightly embarrassed. 

"But yes, he said he'd come."

"See, I told you, you'll never know unless you ask," Daisy jests with a smug look on her face. 

"Yeah, yeah," I reply while checking my face for any crumbs. 

"Now c'mon, let's go find you something to wear. No offence, but your wardrobe needs a serious makeover," She grabs my arm, forcing me to stand. 

"Oft, thats nice," I jest back as I flash her a cheeky grin. 

-------

A/N: Merry Christmas to you all! Ik its a few days early but I wont be posting on the actual day. I hope you all have a wonderful day when it comes and if I don't post before then a happy New Year <3