37 - Honesty Is The Best Policy

It has been just over a week since I last seen Simon. After Harry confessed his love for me, I panicked and I've been avoiding the whole situation. Don't get me wrong, I know that I need to tell Simon about what happened, but how do you go about telling someone that? Simon and I are in a really good place and I admit, I'm scared of losing him.

Daisy has been called into work on short notice, leaving me in the flat alone. It's not a rare occurrence, Daisy has recently gotten a promotion and it seems that she's needed a lot more at work. The knocking on the front door, however, was slow and loud, scaring me slightly. Thankfully, I'm greeted with Simon as I open the door.

"Oh, hey," I smile as I lean against the door.

"Have..have I done something wrong?" Simon huffs, out of breath, I assume from running up the stairs due to the broken lift.

"No? Why?"

"You've been ignoring me for over a week now, Y/N. Something's clearly up," Simon states as I welcome him in, sitting on the kitchen counter as he sits on one of the stools. I can't lie to him, that will only cause more problems, even if it throws Harry under the bus.

"Well, Harry paid me a visit a while ago. He..uh..well, he just mentioned something about liking me, I mean, it's not really a big deal though."

"He did what?" Simon questions, looking absolutely shocked. I honestly feel bad for telling him, I mean, the man looks dumbfounded.

"I just didn't know how to bring it up, so I tried to avoid you. I'm sorry, I should've told you sooner," I confess, hanging my head low.

"No, no," Simon comforts me, bringing his hand up to my cheek, "It's Harry's fault sinc-"

"No, it's not his either. He didn't know we were like, official at that point."

"Right, so it's all just...a big misunderstanding?"

"Yeah, I guess so. I'm sorry."

Simon raises his other hand to hold my head in his hands, leaning down to plant a delicate kiss on my lips. As Simon goes to pull away I push forward to keep our lips connected. My hands slowly make their way up his torso to his hair, gripping the strands at the roots. Simon lets out a groan, urging me to push my body closer to his.

-----

"Can I ask you something?" Simon asks, playing with my hair as he shuffles around in my sheets.

"Yeah, okay," I confirm, shifting to lean on my elbow as I glance down at our scattered clothes before gazing down at him.

"Why did you feel like you couldn't tell me? Do you not... trust me?" Simon asks, trailing off slightly at the end. I feel a sudden feeling of déjà vu rush over me.

"It's not that I don't trust you, Simon, I just didn't want to cause any tension between you and Harry. Or worse, cause you to fall out." Simon chuckles at this, his hand reaching over to lay on my thigh.

"You're always too caring, Y/N."

"Is that a bad thing?" I ask, a smirk growing on my face.

"Of course not," Simon smiles, "It's what makes me love you."

-------

A/N: Hello, hello, hello, long time no see. Sorry for being away for so long, life's been really busy lately. I probably won't be able to update soon as it's holiday time and I'm definitely taking some well deserved ( if I say so myself ) time off. Hope your all doing well, love you <3