16 - Ice Cream

The past couple days have flown by. It's our 4th day here in Greece and I feel like I just arrived yesterday. Today is our day to explore the town. Daisy and I always single out a day every holiday we go on to explore our surroundings and somehow we managed to convince everyone else to come with us. I guess they think it will be good vlogging content. 

We leave the hotel around noon and head down the road with our cameras out, taking in the breathtaking views. Both sides of the street are lined with beautiful white buildings, flowers and other plants appear to be blooming out of them. Pinks, purples, reds and oranges are contrasted by the white bricks behind them. The cobblestone path is quite uneven and difficult to walk on at first, but eventually we get used to it. 

We look around for about half an hour before we find an ice cream parlour by the sea, perfect for vlogging and instagram pictures, oh, and ice cream of course! 

"Which flavour would you like, dear?" The middle aged woman behind the counter asks as I peer through the glass at all the flavours to choose from. 

"Hmm, well, I do like strawberry. Oh but I also really love chocolate. Hold up mango? That looks peng not gonna lie. Uhh...so many choices!" I ramble on, holding my hair back from my face as I bend over to get a better look. 

"Hurry up, woman! How long does it take to pick a flavour?" JJ jokes, walking up and standing to my left. I shoot him a death stare and he laughs before walking over to the window to speak to some of the guys. 

"I'll take mango please," I smile to the woman across from me. 

"Good choice," she says as she scoops the ice cream and hands me the cone, "It's my favourite," She whispers, giving me a playful wink. I grin and pay before going to meet the others outside. Vik had the brilliant idea of sitting on the benches by the shore as we ate our ice creams, and I, once again, find myself in between Simon and JJ. 

"What flavour did you get?" Simon asks, still looking straight ahead at the sea. 

"Mango, what about you?" 

"No way, I got Mango too!" He chuckles, this time turning to look at me. We exchange wide, toothy smiles as JJ gets up and walks past, muttering "It's meant to be" and going over to chat with Ethan and Josh. 

What does he mean? Simon begins to go slightly red and he turns to face the sea again. I mean, JJ could have a point. The universe seems to be pushing us towards each other. No, no way. I shouldn't. I can't.

As my eyes drift back to the beach, my floral print dress flows in the warm breeze and the sound of the waves crashing seems to calm my nerves. However, my mind is still racing, trying to figure out what JJ meant. I do my best to push those thoughts to the back of my mind, trying to stay in the moment. I glance back over to Simon as he does the same, both exchanging warm smiles.

-------

A/N: Okay so, I'm back! Sorry this has taken so long to do but I'm glad it did cause omg I'm proud of this. I seriously wish I could write this good in my english class! Oh yeah, thank you guys for 1.1k reads?! Thats mental! I love each and every one of you! Have an amazing day <3