25 - Midnight Swim

The day has gone by rather quickly, something I wish would happen often. It was filled with packing up clothes, going to our favourite spots for the last time and making the most of our remaining time in Greece. 

My phone screen lights up my face as I scroll through my instagram feed, desperately trying to distract myself from the mixture of emotions I'm feeling. I turn to my right to see Daisy sound asleep and I find myself smiling. I had an idea when we first arrived of what I should do on my last night and with Daisy being asleep, I can put my plan into motion.

It only takes me a few minutes to change into my bikini and grab the essentials before I quietly exit the room. I race down the corridor hastily as to not draw any attention to myself, after all, it is 2am.

-----

As I approach the pool, I toss my towel and key onto a sun lounger. My once white bikini now glowing light blue, reflecting the colour of the lights in the pool. I don't bother too much about my hair getting wet as I plan to shower tomorrow morning. 

As the water touches my leg my body shudders and goosebumps spread across my arms. I slowly edge my way in for a few minutes and find myself unsuccessful, so I decide to get it over and done with and leap in. The cooling effect the water has on me is one I wish to never forget. Something I desperately crave.

I had only swim a few laps when I hear a voice from my right. I jump slightly as the sudden shock makes my muscles tense up. I glance over to see a familiar face. One that I am particularly used to seeing. 

"Simon! What are you doing here its 2am!" I whisper rather loudly as I glide over to him. 

"Says she who's in the pool at this time of night," He smirks as he sits himself down on a sun lounger while I sit on the steps.

"I'm always running into you," I jest as my gaze falls to the floor, unsure how he will reply. 

"I know, I promise I'm not stalking you I just went out a walk," He jokes as he stands up and begins to... strip? 

"W-What are you doing?" I ask nervously as I move back slightly. 

"Im coming in," 

"But you don't have your swimming trunks, do you?" 

"No, but it's fine," By now he has already stripped down to his boxers and beginning to walk down the steps into the pool. His body has a similar reaction to the water as mine. We bob around in the water silently, just staring at each other. It's beginning to get awkward.

"I remember our kiss by the way," I state blankly. Oh. My. God. 

"Oh, you do?" His face drops while scratching the back of his neck, a trait I'm guessing he picked up from Harry. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"He remains silent. 

"I'm not mad, Simon, you can tell me," Simon sighs. 

"I-I don't know, I guess I just didn't want to make things awkward." 

"Well I know now, thats all that matters," I smile.

-------

A/n: Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. I made this chapter longer to make up for my absence :))