36 - Confessions

I haven't heard much from Harry over the past couple of months. Daisy and I frequently visit the boys, going out most weekends. However, I haven't seen Harry as much as the others. So, you can imagine my surprise when he shows up at our flat late one Saturday night.

I'm tossing and turning all night, unable to fall asleep. That is, until I hear a knock at the front door. My once closed eyes shoot open before I practically drag myself out of bed to check who could be at our door at such a late hour.

As I reach the front door, I notice that Daisy's door is still shut. Daisy is a heavy sleeper, so it takes a lot more than a knock at the door to wake her up. In fact, I'm surprised she hasn't been late to work yet. I grab the keys and unlock the door, cautiously opening it before letting out a sigh of relief.

"Jesus Christ, Y/N. I've been knocking the door for fifteen minutes now!" Harry groans as I let him in.

"Well, it is four in the morning, Harry," I yawn as I check the clock on the wall, closing the door before joining him on the couch.

"Is Daisy home?" He asks, his eyes scanning the flat as if to find the answer.

"Yeah, she's in bed. We can talk in my room if you want though?" I suggest. Harry agrees and follows me into my dimly lit bedroom, both of us sitting down on my bed.

"I'm sorry it's so late, Y/N, but I just had to talk to you about this. I've been putting it off for months and it's eating me alive," Harry admits.

"Oh, okay?" I reply, unsure of where the conversation is going.

"Right, okay," Harry breathes deeply.

"I like you, Y/N. I've liked you since the first time I met you. You're kind, you're passionate, you're funny, you're honestly perfect. I know that you and Simon have a thing, but I figured since it's not serious yet that I should tell you," Harry says rather quickly, hiding his face once he had finished.

I admit, I'm stunned. No, I'm astonished. I just sit and stare at him with wide eyes and my mouth hung open. I mean, what am I supposed to say? It's not very often that someone confesses their love for you, let alone at four in the morning.

I have so many questions. Is this the reason I haven't seen Harry in months? Why didn't he tell me sooner? Why didn't he make any sort of advance on me before Simon did? What will Simon think?

"Please, Y/N, say something, anything," Harry begs, clearly worried at my reaction.

"Harry, I don't know how to tell you this without hurting your feelings, but Simon asked me to be his girlfriend just a few days ago," I speak, taking his hand in mine.

"Oh. I suppose you said yes?" Harry asks as his head falls to his chest.

"Yeah, I did. I'm so sorry, Harry," I comfort before pulling him into a hug.

Harry takes my response surprisingly well. He hugs me back, tighter than usual, which I figure is because he's upset.

Harry leaves not long after that, smiling and waving as he leaves. However, I can tell his smile is fake. As I lock the door I slide down it until I reach the floor, my head falling into my hands.

"What the actual fuck?" 

-------

A/N: Hey, Happy Easter everyone! Hope you're all doing okay. I also hope that you are all enjoying Sensational so far. Take care, everyone <3