29 - The Invitation

It's been a slow Sunday. Daisy and I find ourselves sprawled out on the couch, chatting about Daisy's job and joking around. 

"So what do you fancy for breakfast? cereal, toast, pancakes, waffles?" I ask, rolling over to lean on my elbows. 

"Lets be honest Y/N, we have none of that in the cupboards." 

"Yeah, I know," I laugh, walking through to see whats actually available to eat.

"Hey Daisy, what's this?" I ask as I looked through the post. We never got much mail, it was all mainly advertisements and charity leaflets so I'm surprised to actually see a letter addressed to us that isn't our bills.

"Is it not just the taxes?" Daisy calls from the living room. 

"No they were paid a few days ago," I reply while walking through to the room to continue the conversation. 

"Oh so they were, I don't know then." 

"Only one way to find out." My eyes quickly scan the letter in anticipation, "What? Oh wow!" I said, my voice slightly raised. 

"What, what is it?" Daisy asks, standing up to take a look. 

"Imogen is getting married!" 

"Oh my god! Let me see. Oh and look, we both get to bring a plus one," Daisy says as she raises her eyebrows at me. 

"What?" I ask, extremely confused.

"Why don't you bring Simon?" 

"Simon? No, I'm sure he's really busy," I reply, now scanning the cupboards, trying to change the subject. 

"Oh come on Y/N, it's obvious you like him."

Daisy isn't wrong. I have grown quite fond of Simon over the past couple of months. Ever since that day in Simon's flat, we have been meeting up in secret. He gives me the sense of release I've been searching for.

"I don't think he'd wanna go," I say as I began to fill two bowls with cereal.

"Well you won't know unless you ask." 

"Yeah you're not wrong," I reply.

-----

I can't sleep. I toss and turn in the sheets as I try to get comfortable, but that isn't the problem. My mind is racing with thoughts and it's keeping me awake. I sigh and rub my eyes. 

"C'mon Y/N, just get it over and done with," I whisper to myself. I swiftly grab my phone from my nightstand and search through my contacts.

When I find it my finger hovers over his name, the screen lighting up my thumb. Deep down I'm scared that by asking him I will make it awkward and ruin whatever it is we have. I really like Simon and my affection for him grows every day, I don't want to ruin that. 

I often find myself watching his videos when he isn't around or making up excuses to see him. I can't deny my attraction to him anymore, it's obvious and everyone around me can tell I am hiding something. I'm just not sure if he feels the same for me. I know he likes me but is it to the same level as I feel for him? I guess I'll find out. 

-------

A/N: Hey, how are you guys? I hope you're all doing well. I'm so excited for Christmas it's unreal like where did the time go? This year has gone by so so fast!