Chapter 5

Chapter 5: The Reader Sequence

        Levan Septimus— his tutor, was surprised by his decision. He didn't expect it when Yareth told him his choice. And after a moment of thinking, he decided to look at Yareth.

" Prince, I don't know what has to lead you towards that choice.... "

He trailed off and winced. Yareth doesn't know what he was thinking. But maybe, it was in the line with his tutor being guilty of his decision.

" ..But you should be certain of your choice and reconsider it. "

Yareth stared at his tutor and probably one of the closest people to him in this life. He replied with a firm tone in his voice. A serious expression on his face that you wouldn't normally see on a young child of his age.

" I am certain. I want to take the same Beyonder Pathway as you, Mister Septimus. "

After staring at him for a while, his tutor sighed. Bringing one of his hands on his forehead as if massaging one major headache. Levan Septimus looks like that a few years of his life were sapped away from him.

If you think of it that way. Yareth Castiya was a headache and a source of problems towards Levan Septimus. Since the day that he became a student of his tutor, he has brought nothing but pressure and troubles towards him.

Yareth decided to instantly bury that thought away. Finally, his tutor came out whatever delusions were ongoing on his mind. He feels a pat on his head.

" I don't know if I should feel happy or worried... But, it would be more appropriate if it was the former, isn't it? "

Yareth can only smile when his tutor was looking at him tiredly. But with a slight smile on his face that makes him look kind and younger.

" Well... I hope that you are very certain of your decision. Be ready for the results and consequences. "

His tutor knows that he was a smart child. Intelligent just like his older siblings. As a child of the King of Feynapotter Kingdom, that only means one thing.

Politics— Yareth Castiya was a blind bat in that Field.

The Pathway of his tutor and would be his... Is a Pathway that belongs towards the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. It just happened that one of the Major Religions in the Feynapotter Kingdom was the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. But since the battle of the violated Oath in the year 738, the church of the Earth Mother only become the only and state religion of the Feynapotter Kingdom. Usually, it was acceptable for the Feynapotter Kingdom to have Beyonders other than the Pathway of the Church of the Earth Mother. But since he was part of the Royal Family, even he was the least favored, there would be implications.

Yareth was not looking forward to that part. (He was not looking forward to becoming a Beyonder)

----------------------

    White Tower Pathway. The lowest sequence of the White Tower Pathway was the Reader sequence.

5th Epoch. June 18, 1349, Monday. Yareth Castiya officially becomes a Beyonder of the White Tower Pathway. But before that, it wasn't an easy choice. There are many things that Yareth has went through before he become a Beyonder.

First on the list were his parents. In the very rare moments where he would meet his parents, he decided to tell them his decision to become a Beyonder of the White Tower Pathway.

“ Oh... You can become a Beyonder? ”

Those words left his mother's part. It was like that she wasn't expecting him to become extraordinary. Yareth thought that maybe she didn't consider him being a Beyonder of other Pathways. His Father on the other hand was also surprised. A different word has left his mouth.

" The Reader Sequence? It is good that you can now finally prove yourself to be useful my child. Those bunch of fools from the church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom are planning to visit our kingdom. Since they would be visiting, I think that I can see that being friendly to those fools, may have some worth. "

That time, his father wasn't looking at him with disappointment. His father, the King of Feynapotter Kingdom was measuring his worth. His usefulness as a.... tool. Goods that can be exchanged for benefits.

" Are you certain with your decision, Dear? We aren't even certain if he would be successful. He already failed us not just once... but twice. "

" Why don't he try so that he can be useful just once? Sometimes, it wasn't bad to be optimistic my Queen. "

" I see.  Then, let that tutor of his take care of him. Good work, my child. "

A lovely smile and a pat on his head from his mother. Yareth leaned on the couch, basking in them. A soft smile was on his lips, while he was feeling cold all over his body and feeling his heart being wrenched in a very painful manner.

The hand left on his head. His mother wiped her hand. One lovely smile again before he was being dismissed in the Throne Room. Yareth bowed before he was escorted out by the guards.

Leaving the throne room, Yareth quickly rushes towards the part of the Palace where he belongs. The farthest part of the palace from the throne room. Among them was his room. Barely having any presence of any maids or guards. It was like a Ghost Town. He was the only one living in that part of the Palace. With his tutor only there to accompany him wherever he can.

Yareth entered his room. He doesn't see the presence of his tutor. He was alone. Yareth lay on the bed. His lips trembled as he muffled the sound that would come out with his teeth. His hands involuntarily clenched.

He stared at the ceiling smiling. His parents approve of his decision to become a Beyonder of the White Tower Pathway.

His parents are amazing. They are the King and Queen of the Feynapotter Kingdom. He was lucky to be their Child. Many people admired them. Including him.

His father and mother are responsible for the Kingdom of Feynapotter Kingdom. His mother smiled at him. His father praised him.

They are a King and Queen. Admired by the citizens of their Kingdom.

" They are great... Pare— Rulers. "

Yareth Castiya loves them with all his heart. He loves them.

One of his hands turned to his chest. Feeling his heart was still beating. A proof that he was alive. For that person in his past life, Death was a painful experience. Yet, as Yareth felt his heart. Being Alive wasn't a pleasant feeling either.

Still, 'he' wanted to be live and survive. Yareth can no longer delude himself any longer. Salty water started falling out of his eyes. His vision was getting blurry.

With the memories of his past life, 'he' could say that the King and Queen was one horrible excuse of a parent.

No matter how he deludes himself. He must not fool himself any longer. It was clear to him that he was just nothing to them.

Yareth was broken. It hurts so much that he wanted it to end. Still, he wanted to live. Yareth Castiya— A seven-year-old little child who was yearning for the care and love from his parents. The little child couldn't do it anymore.

Yareth stared at his blurry vision. It was strange that it was getting blurrier and blurrier. He suddenly felt dizzy. Darkness started spotting on his vision before it was overtaken by losing consciousness.

---------------------

Levan Septimus arrives later to his student's room finding his student sleeping peacefully. The tutor has already the Reader Potion in his hand. He frowned when he felt some sticky wetness on his student's face. He doesn't want to think of the reason why did his student cried again.