Chapter 8

A/N: So... I failed to get the Kama... again.

Gacha games are hell and a source of despair. My Kokoro hurts from not getting the Kama. Am I not destined to get her?

---

Anyway, how was the Fanfiction so far? I hope that it wasn't too bad. If you got any questions you are free to ask something. And I hope that it wouldn't thread too much in the spoiler territory.

________________

Chapter 8: Anxiety and worries

               Yareth stared at the book. His gaze is focused on them intensely. The little hands of a child were trembling. It gripped into the open book tightly. Despite the intense and focused gaze, nothing enters his mind but anxiety. His mind was blank of knowledge from the piece of literature. It was only filled with worries.

The clock was ticking in his room. He was sitting on a comfortable chair. His hands are resting on the table while holding the book. Yareth didn't sit straight and proper. It was inappropriate for a person of his status. If his tutor saw him, he was afraid that the young prince might be chastised and mocked for his behavior.

Yareth's eyes were still on the single part of the book. He hasn't even moved to another page for half an hour. His mind wasn't really on them. But the looming problem that would soon arrive.

Yareth sighed. Because of his worries right now, he wouldn't be able to digest the Reader Potion properly.

After becoming a Beyonder, it was an important fact that a Beyonder would need to digest the Potion of a sequence properly before they can advance. For those that are ignorant, it would take a lot of time. And for those who have known the true method, it would be easy for them. From weeks to a month— that was the estimated time for those geniuses who understand the true method of digesting their potions.

But right now for Yareth, he has no time to digest the potion that he drank. The acting method— he has no time to act on them. There was a problem that he needed to confront. And because of that, Yareth was a nervous wreck and bundle of nerves.

Yareth gasped and was startled out of anxiety when he heard a knock on the door of the room. His heartbeat picked up at an incredible rate. The door opened. Unlike the usual, it wasn't his tutor Levan Septimus that entered. And it wasn't even the servants who rarely goes to him and ask if he needed something.

Eyes as blue as the ocean. And a wavy hair of onyx color. The person that entered the room was much taller than his tutor by ten centimeters. Dignified and radiating with elegance with his every move. He has the aura of nobility and it always makes the people respect the person unconsciously. The person was dressed in the standard clothes of a Victorian-era for the nobility. Yet, Yareth was certain that he would still stand out among those parts of society. That was just how amazing is his brother, the crown prince of the Feynapotter– Wendell Castiya.

" Yareth. "

Wendell Castiya, his brother walks towards him. Yareth's hold on the book tightened when he look at his older brother. After a few moments, he closes the book. It makes a resounding bang noise.

" Brother... "

He looks at his brother filled with uncertainty. His body was ready to move out of his seat but a placating gesture from his brother stopped him.

" You don't need to bow. We are here all alone. There is no need for formalities, my little brother. "

Yareth's tense body relaxed as he heard those words and look at his brother who has a calm and amicable smile on his face. He can feel a smile forming on his face unconsciously. He remain seated chair with his hands resting on the table with the closed book. His brother sat on the vacant chair in front of him. Now, they are staring at each other face to face.

The weather outside of the glass window was peaceful. Clouds are lazing in the sky. And the winds are blowing calmly. The sun is currently blocked by some clouds. It was a peaceful morning.

Yareth can feel himself getting anxious again as he stared at his brother. His, brother is the crown prince. A source of awe and respect. It wasn't hard when Yareth knows the deeds that he did. He greatly respected his brother. After all, if it wasn't for him, who knows where is he now? Would he even remember his past life? Would he even know what it was like to have a second chance if it wasn't for him?

His brother stared at him with fixed scrutiny. Yareth resists the urge to squirm or even keep his head down and not meet the gaze of his brother.

" You have become a Beyonder. "

A few simple words. It filled him with dread. Yareth unconsciously averted his eyes. He can't look. Is it because of shame or anxiety?

" It wouldn't be an easy path, Yareth. "

A hand was in his chin. Yareth was forced to meet the gaze of his brother. A frown and sadness were on his brother's face.

" But if it was what you wanted, Your older brother would support your decision. "

The sad expression turned into an understanding smile. He nodded slightly and the hand was removed from his chin.

" You can come to me if you have any concerns regarding the Beyonders. "

" I will. "

" Good! "

Yareth feels a pat on his head.

" I heard from Levan that are now a Beyonder in the same pathway as him? "

" Yes.. "

" I'm slightly envious of him... But I know that you can't become the same pathway as I. "

His older brother Wendell is on the same pathway as his mother. 

" Yet, I think that the pathway would suit you. I am glad that I'm back at the palace again. It's been a few months since we saw each other, isn't it? "

" Yes, brother. I was glad that you are here again. "

Yareth smiled. He didn't feel anxious and worried for a moment. Now, that he knows that his brother's reaction. Their conversation for the next moments was light-hearted. Words flow easily on his mouth as his brother regaled him of his tales of wandering from the southern continent. A place of shamanistic belief systems and primitive tribes. A place of hot, humid, and dry areas. Filled with jungles and deserts. Yareth could easily imagine the stories that came from his brother. He hasn't an experience of what of them in this life. But thanks to his brother's description and his past life memories, he could easily create an image of the stories on his mind.

Yareth appreciates this moment with his brother. It was nice. He loves and adores his older brother. He was so kind and cares for him. But with this new perspective and memories of his past life, he wonders if it was genuine? His older brother Wendell, with eyes that were as blue as the sky. Would he find the darkness and coldness of space beyond the sky that was filled with warmth and kindness? Yareth can only bury those thoughts inside his mind.