Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Entering again and misunderstanding

In the astral world, another vision entered Herabergen's sight.

A sight of an underwater place. A location where you wouldn't need air or anything to breathe. Strange creatures roam the place. He can see himself roaming the place and eventually encountering a sight of towering bookshelves and an endless assortment of books. It appears that this place has no end. On the place, he saw the new Outer God.

"  Herabergen. Dovah se Onikaan, Zu'u my ko dream "

{ Peace, Herabergen. Dragon of Wisdom, I come in peace. }

It speaks of his language and Herabergen couldn't tell whether it was her or him.

" Zu'u Krosis. Zu'u Vaat Zu'u ni hokoron. "

{ I apologize. I swore I am not an enemy }

Herabergen stared at the new Outer God. It was still hidden under the strange golden strips of the robe that have great alikeness to appendages. Its face was still hidden under the hood and releasing strange mist-like limbs. Its body was translucent and on its center was a golden core. It was approaching him by floating. Then Herabergen's vision ended.

Herabergen opened his eyes and stared at the distance of the astral world. What did it want from him?

-----------

   " Not again! "

Upon consuming the sequence 8 potions of the White Tower Pathway, Yareth groaned in frustration as he found himself in the mind world also known as the sea of the collective subconscious.

The other, older and past him look at his actions with amusement on his face. But there was also something behind the expression.

" Congratulations on drinking the potion for sequence 8 of the White Tower Pathway. "

His other self said in a tone that sounded mocking? Yareth unraveled his face from his hands. He decided to ignore the mocking tone. He just must be only hallucinating. He stared at the other him.

" I lose consciousness.. again. "

Yareth mumbled towards his other-self. He look at his other with a tired look on his face and asked.

" Did I lose control? "

His other self shrugged his shoulders.

" I pulled you in this place again. "

He answered neither in a yes or no.

" Is that a confirmation or a denial, other and older me? "

He questioned while he stared at the place. Unlike the last time that he have been in this place, more than a month ago, Yareth notice that other than being a strange underwater place, this place was filled with objects which weren't in here compared to the last time. Towering bookshelves that were filled with books. Yareth started walking toward it. As if he was attracted by something. He felt a pat on his shoulder. His other self was smiling benignly.

" Careful, you don't want to fully lose control, do you? "

Yareth decided to stop approaching the towering bookshelves. He decided to listen to the advice of his other-self. The other him who he wasn't certain of. How could he exist when he was existing? There couldn't be the two of them at the same time. It was so confusing. Yareth can't possibly grasp the meaning of him and his with his mind.

" Don't also think of complicated thoughts. "

His other self said sternly while he also flicked his forehead. Yareth wince at the pain. How could he feel pain when he was in a dream?